Lupus anticoagulant antibodies?

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
Does anyone else have these?

I’ve just had my first positive test and need to be retested after 12 weeks.

I’ve had three miscarriages and two ectopic pregnancies. My daughters pregnancy was straightforward although I did take low dose aspirin off my own back.

I tested negative for these in 2014 after my first two miscarriages and ectopic, before my dd.

I have this. I have to take a heparin injection throughout my pregnancy and 6 weeks after as well 150mg aspirin daily. I have antiphospholipid syndrome. I was investigated after 3 early miscarriages. I have had 2 successful pregnancies since diagnosis and I’m 13 weeks with this one, so far so good. I begin treatment after a viable scan at around 6 weeks

I have this. I have to take a heparin injection throughout my pregnancy and 6 weeks after as well 150mg aspirin daily. I have antiphospholipid syndrome. I was investigated after 3 early miscarriages. I have had 2 successful pregnancies since diagnosis and I’m 13 weeks with this one, so far so good. I begin treatment after a viable scan at around 6 weeks
So you don’t do anything until 6 weeks? I’m panicking as I am in the tww just now but won’t be officially diagnosed until August, and I really don’t want another loss before then.

So you don’t do anything until 6 weeks? I’m panicking as I am in the tww just now but won’t be officially diagnosed until August, and I really don’t want another loss before then.

they can’t start you on blood thinners without confirming an intrauterine pregnancy. If they were to give you them before confirming this and god forbid your pregnancy was ectopic, there’s a high chance you would have a major haemorrhage. I think you can start with your aspirin from a positive test (I didn’t as I was advised not to but I know some women do). It is scary to wait, I was a bag of nerves waiting to see a viable pregnancy on a scan

also they started me on treatment after the first blood test was positive, they didn’t wait for the one 12 weeks after to come back. I wasn’t diagnosed until I was 15 weeks pregnant with my first baby too!

they can’t start you on blood thinners without confirming an intrauterine pregnancy. If they were to give you them before confirming this and god forbid your pregnancy was ectopic, there’s a high chance you would have a major haemorrhage. I think you can start with your aspirin from a positive test (I didn’t as I was advised not to but I know some women do). It is scary to wait, I was a bag of nerves waiting to see a viable pregnancy on a scan

also they started me on treatment after the first blood test was positive, they didn’t wait for the one 12 weeks after to come back. I wasn’t diagnosed until I was 15 weeks pregnant with my first baby too!
Ah. I have had an ectopic in both tubes now (I avoided surgery both times so still have both tubes thankfully!) I don’t know if they might try to scan me before 6 weeks because now I have a 1 in 3 chance of ectopic with each pregnancy (yikes!)
I was actually on aspirin with two of my ectopics and luckily neither of them ruptured - my second was discovered at a routine scan.
I just got another result for prothrombin which was negative but I’m guessing it must be related to the lupus anticoagulants because they said it doesn’t notify you of a negative result.
Dfs results are here too but he’s at a friends for a few days and I obviously don’t want to open his letter. Unless he tells me to!

Ah. I have had an ectopic in both tubes now (I avoided surgery both times so still have both tubes thankfully!) I don’t know if they might try to scan me before 6 weeks because now I have a 1 in 3 chance of ectopic with each pregnancy (yikes!)
I was actually on aspirin with two of my ectopics and luckily neither of them ruptured - my second was discovered at a routine scan.
I just got another result for prothrombin which was negative but I’m guessing it must be related to the lupus anticoagulants because they said it doesn’t notify you of a negative result.
Dfs results are here too but he’s at a friends for a few days and I obviously don’t want to open his letter. Unless he tells me to!

they did scan me earlier but nothing showed on the scan. So then had to wait another 2 weeks for it to be confirmed intrauterine. They did HCG levels in between to make sure things were progressing. I know I don’t have lupus but I have antiphospholipid syndrome. I believe there’s many different types of positives with lupus or without, it’s all very complicated. The treatment appears to be the same though. It’s all a little daunting but great you have a diagnosis and potential explanations for your miscarriages x

they did scan me earlier but nothing showed on the scan. So then had to wait another 2 weeks for it to be confirmed intrauterine. They did HCG levels in between to make sure things were progressing. I know I don’t have lupus but I have antiphospholipid syndrome. I believe there’s many different types of positives with lupus or without, it’s all very complicated. The treatment appears to be the same though. It’s all a little daunting but great you have a diagnosis and potential explanations for your miscarriages x
I’ve always been lucky that they have seen stuff on a scan before 6 weeks in the past, but I am a little heavier now so we will see. I don’t think I actually have lupus either as I have never had any symptoms.
I’m glad I have answers now. I did think clotting might be a factor as I took aspirin with dd and she was my rainbow pregnancy, the only other pregnancies I have taken aspirin with have been ectopic.

You should be okay to start the aspirin right away. I've taken baby aspirin from bfp til 36 weeks with all of my pregnancies (well, bfp til 15 weeks and then whenever my baby brain fog would clear enough for me to remember to take my meds. :haha:). I have MTHFR and I bleed from 5 weeks til 14 weeks but I wasn't diagnosed with a clotting issue until after my 3rd child was born. I was put on baby aspirin as a 'just in case it helps' type of thing after having 3 miscarriages in a row and I have never made it to term without progesterone, baby aspirin, and high dose folate. I have been told I could try the lovenox and heparin injections if I wanted to but I wouldn't have started them until 6 weeks and a viability scan. My doctor and I were comfortable keeping me on baby aspirin though because I'd made it to term three times with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->