Luteal phase

morgan29

Reaction score
I am confused about the luteal phase. I've read several places that spotting days before a period is not good. I typically spot very light amounts for roughly three to four days before my period starts. I then heavily bleed for 2 days and have a light flow for 2 days after that. My question is when do you count the end of the luteal phase? For example... I ovulated on day 15 and started spotting on day 25 of this cycle but didn't start heavy flow until day 29. I just started temping consistently this month so I don't have those numbers. Should I try progesterone cream?

Hi I don't know if spotting is bad or if you should start progesterone cream. But I know the day of heavy flow is the day you start counting as CD1 not the days you spot.

In your case it may be worth getting your levels checked as a starting point as spotting is one of many signs that could indicate progesterone deficiency but alone is hard to say. If it was low P then the cream could possibly help but if I were your I would start charting if your aren't already and get a hormone profile done as well (not just progesterone level) to see if you have any imbalances. Charting will be good as you can see if the spotting is on it's own or couple with your bbt dropping below the coverline whenever you spot. That says more than spotting alone. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->