Lying on my back!

LorelaiLana

Reaction score
I feel very very uncomfortable lying on my back. I am only starting my 6th month and there is no speakbale bump, but why does it feel so uncomfortable.
I find it very hard to sleep on my sides ...Left side has sciatica and burning thigh condition and right side doesnt feel all that comfortable or natural for me either.

I catch myself relaxing in our reclining sofa or bed on my back and the baby moves like crazy? Is the baby uncomfortable and hence moving that much?

I know the whole major vein getting pinched by uterus denying blood to the lower part of body and uterus and baby, but is it really a bad thing to do since I am miserable on my sides? I think I know the answer but need some friendly chiding and comments to do the right thing! :)

I'm doing exactly the same hun! I've also got sciatica on my left and whenever I sleep on my right I get a tingling sensation in my hip which then becomes like a cramp/burning sensation! So for the past week or so now I've been on my back (I'm 26 weeks)... it's still not the most comfortable of positions for me but I just CAN'T sleep on either of my sides so I'm not sure what else to do really!

Sorry I haven't got any advice but didn't want to read and run! Would love to see what other peoples opinions are too! But at least you know you're not alone!! x x x

if your feeling discomfort from lying on your back then id get some pillows and find a way to support your legs so you can lay on your side instead

Is there a comfy way you could prop yourself up a bit more? So you aren't laying flat on your back... but at an angle??? Might be a good solution to your problem? If you have concerns, I would just call and ask your doctor hun... I'm going to mention this to my OB at my appt next week. I've heard we aren't suppose to lie on our backs, but when I'm watching TV in bed, I just try to prop myself up a bit more... there isn't too much you can do while your asleep though, your body is going to do what comes naturally.

Best of luck :)

I'm not quite that far yet, but I bought a body pillow. When I sleep, I lay on my side with part of the pillow between my legs (separating at the knees) with my tummy slightly propped on the pillow (like I said not that far along yet). But maybe trying more pillows would help. A wedge pillow placed behind your head/upper back may help as well.

or you could get one of these? I've got one and its fab! https://www.holo-lilo.com/ just lay on your front then :) x

Thanks for all your responses dears!
I did try the Mamma's and Papa's pregnancy pillow...It was so meek and not big and fluffy at all. Felt like a few cotton buds stuffed into a L shaped pillow. So returned it and bought Argo's body pillow, which is better...but I think I need buy 1 more for both sides.

I'll try the pillow thing otherwise go to doc, becuase whenever i lie on my back my right hand goes numb too which is strange...

Thanks for all your responses dears!
I did try the Mamma's and Papa's pregnancy pillow...It was so meek and not big and fluffy at all. Felt like a few cotton buds stuffed into a L shaped pillow. So returned it and bought Argo's body pillow, which is better...but I think I need buy 1 more for both sides.

I'll try the pillow thing otherwise go to doc, becuase whenever i lie on my back my right hand goes numb too which is strange...

I've even thought about buying another body pillow as I get farther along. Good luck with getting your sleeping worked out!

Wow! Holo-Lilo looks cool! I will give it a try then!. Thanks firsttimer87

Thanks willyandcourt ...I thought I am crazy to want 2 bodypillows :) I am going to Argos today to get me another :)

Go get it!!!
I haven't bought my second yet but I'm going to.
My husband laughs at me with my one now. When I turn over in the bed, I carry the body pillow with me. It looks pretty funny... hanging on to the pillow and trying to keep the covers on me.

no problem hun. I bought it because I'll be going to my sisters wedding in Spain at 32wks and I am not getting a brown front and no back lmao, plus for lazing in the pool while out there. It is good tho and great for your OH to give massages etc on...might even take it to the hospital with me for labour...hmmmm desicions lol x

willyandcourt -> Ha! Ha! Exactly the same happens in my bedroom! :) Its funny when I carry the big pillow around :)

Hubs is so sweet sometimes when he lines up the moved normal pillows in the middle of the night when I turn. He calls the structure we build before going to sleep as our baby dam ( we are big fans of boulder dam)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->