LynAnne's Christmas Journal

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I really need to start getting organised for Christmas. I have a million and one people to buy for and also six birthdays between now and then including DS1's 2nd birthday at DH's! Fingers crossed I still have money come the new year! Ha!

Anyway I thought this would be a good way to keep on top of ideas for everyone as well as a list of what I've actually got.

IDEAS
DS1 2nd Birthday

* cash register (I like the ikea one)
* shopping basket
* puddle suit
* wellies

* sticker book

DS1 Christmas
* balance bike & helmet
* outfit
* Mortimer by Robert Munsch (one of my fave books as a kid)

Stocking
* Fave snacks
* Flash cards
* Toot toot car
* Tooth brush

Advent calendar
* Stickers
* Finger puppets

DS2 (4 months old at christmas)
* outfit
* Lamaze toy

Stocking
* Teething toy
* Toothbrush

DH birthday/Christmas
* Amazon Echo dot

Neice/nephews (2 yo girl, 6 month old, 1yo/5yo/7yo boys)

Other Adults (parents, sisters, brothers-in-law, aunt, uncles, grandparents)

If I've counted correctly, not including DH and my two boys, 25 other people to buy for. It's not going to be cheap. Or and easy task coming up wih affordable presents for everyone.

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

I've asked DH to set a budget - well agree on one. Once that's done I'll sort out DS1's birthday then get started on Christmas. I'm hoping to have all the pre-Christmas birthday presents bought by the end of the month. There's 6 family birthdays between now and then!

I'm absolutely clueless as to what to buy DS2 who will be 4 months. I know he doesn't need much, if anything at all as he gets all his brother's hand me downs. He wouldn't know if he got nothing at all but I would. Plus we are planning on really introducing the idea of santa to DS1 this year and so want DS2 to not look forgotten about! Any suggestions?

When my DS was 11 months at Christmas we just got him things like stacking cups, boats that he could float in the bath etc. He didn't have any concept of Christmas and his big sister opened everything for him!

I imagine his big brother will probably open them for him but I still want to get him a couple of things. Think I may get him on of the Lamaze toys. To be honest, he doesn't have much that isn't a hand me down at the minute so I'd feel bad if we didn't get him a little something!

We have the IKEA cash register and it's great. Quite simple but it is also an actual calculator so has helps DD1 with basic addition etc. IKEA do great playfood/role plat stuff too.

Great lists by the way x

We picked up DS1's birthday presents this weekend so that's sorted! Also decided what I'm going to buy DH for his - an Amazon Echo Dot. He's been talking about getting one for a while but never has so I think he'll be happy with it. Still no idea for his Christmas though!

I still haven't made an attempt to get the present shopping started. I'm already running out of weekends between now and Christmas that aren't fully booked for getting for a nosey around the shops. Online will be my friend this year I think. I have bought DH's birthday present (should arrive on Friday) and I've just wrapped DS1's birthday presents, a month in advance, so he doesn't find and want to play with them.

Thinking ahead to December and wondering what I should fill DS advent calendar with. The drawers are pretty small so I'm not sure what will fit but I was thinking finger puppets & Christmas stickers. What else would be small and good for a 2 year old?

We finally got started on Christmas shopping this week. We managed to pick up a few books for the kids, a couple of gift sets for a couple of the extended family and some nice jumpers for two of my sisters. Still got a really long way to go but at least it is a start.

I keep getting carried away with ideas for the boys, especially DS1. I need to just suggest things to people instead of buying them myself!

On the other hand, I've struggled with ideas for DS2. I was considering a racetrack thing I saw on amazon for DS2. Now I know he is only little (he'll be 4 months at christmas ) and the toy is for 3+ but I think he might really like it. It is a flexible track which glows in the dark with two little race cars. I thought the lights etc might be good sensory wise while he's little and as he grows, he and his brother can build tracks and play together. Am I jumping the gun and is it pointless to get a baby I'm still counting in weeks something he won't properly use for some time? (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Track-Kuul...Mwebp_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=51PzxIukk1L&ref=plSrch)

That looks great. My DS loves things with tracks as he loves building it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->