MA - how long to process paperwork?

Lulu1982

Reaction score
Morning all!

Can anyone tell me how long it was before you heard back after sending your initial forms for maternity allowance please?

I'm hoping to start my leave in 6 weeks and am starting to panic!x

I heard back after exactly 2 weeks from when they received it, however, they have decided they need more information so I have to wait for my employer to send me stuff, then post it again and wait another 2 weeks!! It's a pain!!! Try to make sure you have every detail in your application form to avoid the above happening to you!

Mine also took 2 weeks to come back but had to send it off again - twice!! So make sure you fill it all in and send off all the right things first time :)

How long ago did you send yours off?

Mine went 3 weeks ago and I've not heard anything back yet.

mine was posted on 7th nov late in the evening

called yesterday, and it is there has been half processed and is going through the final stages i should hear from them next week. this is the Yeovil branch

I sent mine almost 3 weeks ago so will chase it up I think!x

I sent mine off at 26 weeks and heard back less than 2 weeks later about 28 weeks as I started mine at 29 weeks. If you haven't heard after a couple of weeks from sending it I would chase! X

mine took 4 weeks which is the standard time for yeovil from what i have heard. the other one is faster i think.

Yes I've heard Yeovil has a backlog so it's taking longer. I sent mine to Wrexham.

I just got my confirmation letter this morning. That was two weeks after I sent it in. Backdated payment will be in my account within 6 working days. It was the Yeovil branch. Hurray! Due date was yesterday. One less thing to worry about! :) x

Eeek!! Mine is the Yeovil branch and I sent it signed next day dellivery LAST MONDAY!!
Oh well the back pay will be nice when I get it lol!! :haha:

Can I ask the people who had to re send the forms - what did you miss out??

I had to send mine back with the smp1 form from my old employer. I was a HR manager before so as I was temping, I knew I wasn't entitled to smp as I hadn't been temping long enough. Therefore, I never asked my employer so they didn't give me a smp1 form to say they couldn't pay it. I checked with ma on the phone and they said that was fine "just send your mat b1 form" which I did. 2 weeks later they send my claim back saying they need the smp1 form so I have rang the agency and they will send it to me. Once I've received that (???? When) I can resent my ma claim. It's annoying!! I don't think I'll get ma either as not been in the country long enough as I went travelling but was advised to try anyway. Been paying my taxes for 12 years then have 7 months out of the country so I'm not entitled to anything much. It sucks!

Hmmm do you think I'll have to get a smp1 form? I was made redundant when I was 15 weeks pregnant, so I no longer have an employer, nor am I on JSA.

That sucks about going out of the country for a few months and possibly not being entitled to anything! Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you :) I don't think you'll need an smp1 form. From what I gather, you only need that form if you were employed during the 15th week before baby is due (so 25 weeks pregnant). Just make sure you send all your pay slips and your MAT B1. Good luck :)

Thank you :) I don't think you'll need an smp1 form. From what I gather, you only need that form if you were employed during the 15th week before baby is due (so 25 weeks pregnant). Just make sure you send all your pay slips and your MAT B1. Good luck :)

Yes i only sent these and was fine. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->