MA success! thankyou ladies x

oldmamamia

Reaction score
just had some really good news! i hadnt heard of MA payments until i saw you girls discussing things on here, i knew i wasnt eligable for smp as i left my job at 15wks pregnant due to sickness, i was a chef in a bar and just couldnt stand cooking fry ups and the smell of beer every day, as the weeks went by and i got used to being at home i decided i wasnt going back and i admit we have struggled for money with just o.h's wages. Anyway i sent off my forms 10days ago not really thinking i would actually get anything, you have to work 26wks in the test period which i just about scraped past doing 27wks!
Got my letter back today saying they are making a back dated payment of £1362 straight into my account and then £138 per week up until 30th december!!! cant believe it! its going to make such a difference im so glad i took the time to send the forms off and that i read the posts on here or i would never have known, thanks guys xxx:happydance::happydance:

Hi, glad you're all sorted, was wondeing if you could help me?? :shrug:

I dont think i'm entitled to SMP, i started working for the company in january and i'm leaving on maternity leave at end of june. So according to requirements i wont have worked for the company long enough. So i was hoping i could get MA but when i looked at the website about requirements and things i got soooo confused, and i'm not sure if i can have it.

Did you just fill in the form and send it away or did you have to speak to someone about it?? I am not the best with figures so i have no idea where to start, and thought i should probably be thinking about it as i finish work in 4 weeks.

:flower:

you need a smp1 from your employer to say you dontt get smp. Then get the forms to full in. I downloaded off line. But i assume you can get them from job centre!the form looks scary but you get the booklet that explans it all. It shows your test period .

ok, thanks :thumbup:

hopefully i can get it sorted like you did

its worth a try, the form was alot easier to fill out than i thought just follow the booklet on each question, you dont have to work out any figures its more about dates etc, you have to send in 13 pay slips (if weekly) out of 26 wks and you can pick those 13, they dont have to be in order so choose your 13 highest paid wks if you can, really hope you qualify, im still in shock that i did and it wont affect any other benefits if you claim working tax credit, child benefit etc, good luck x

:happydance: I barely qualified as well, but OMG! The money helps out sooooooooooo much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->