Maca experience???

Nicolefunnell

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I starte taking maca pills along with preseed this last cycle. I am two days late and tested 3 days ago and got a bfn. I heard maca can prolong your period. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I had no problems at all taking maca. FX that u just tested to early sweetie.

Good luck Xx

I had no problems at all taking maca. FX that u just tested to early sweetie.

Good luck Xx

Oh good! I'm glad to hear that! I really am hoping too! Thank you :)

Did you have any affects from the maca? Good or bad?

I had no side effects at all to the point I wondered if it was actually working lol. BUT it was working nd I found it to b great for body in many ways, nd even boosted my engery as well.

I've had no trouble with maca, I just finished my first cycle with it. My chart was really good, and I had a perfect 14 day luteal phase (first time ever, it was around 12 days before). I'm on day 3 of AF, so no idea how long it will go yet. The only trouble was I had really bad cramps on day 1, but I think that's just because I actually ovulated well for a change and had a better lining. But I'm having cycle monitoring, and I know that the maca definitely helped my follicles develop properly, my estrogen was good and my temp shift was very clear. I haven't had any side effects, but I'm just on a fairly low dose, I split it across the day and I always take it after food.

Good luck!

I've had no trouble with maca, I just finished my first cycle with it. My chart was really good, and I had a perfect 14 day luteal phase (first time ever, it was around 12 days before). I'm on day 3 of AF, so no idea how long it will go yet. The only trouble was I had really bad cramps on day 1, but I think that's just because I actually ovulated well for a change and had a better lining. But I'm having cycle monitoring, and I know that the maca definitely helped my follicles develop properly, my estrogen was good and my temp shift was very clear. I haven't had any side effects, but I'm just on a fairly low dose, I split it across the day and I always take it after food.

Good luck!
This was my first cycle as well. I usually have excruciating cramps. They prevent me from doing anything the first few days of my period. I also get them, not AS bad, a day or two before hand, telling me my period is going to start. I haven't had any cramps this cycle. I've read maca can help with cramping. I'm hopin I just tested too early or that my hcg levels weren't high enough and if I wait a few more days I will get that BFP. however, I've read a lot of posts that people were ten plus days late when taking maca. I'm trying to be hopeful as my husband and I have been ttc #1, actively, for Over a year, but worried my late period might be due to maca. Fortunately, I am loving your response. I have no period/pregnancy symptoms which I find weird though. Thank you both for your responses. I appreciate them very much!

You're welcome! I hadn't seen much about being late when on maca, but it might be because you get a really good corpus luteum so your LP lasts longer. As i said, mine was normally around 12 days and went to 14 with maca.

I've ready plenty of stories of women who didn't get a positive test until they were very late (like 2+ weeks), so you're still in with a chance. Are you temping? If so, as long as your temps are still up then that's a good sign. And I've seen that no symptoms can actually be a good sign too.

I just had a few mild cramps the day before AF, then the first day it was bad enough that I took the day off work. Normally I only get moderate cramps for a day or two at the start, I've only ever had bad ones a few times in my life. Hopefully it won't be so bad next month, but i was fine the day after, and it's a small price to pay if it gets me a bfp soon.

To clarify, I know that the 3 cycles before this one with maca, I either didn't ovulate at all, or it was very poor (based on my hormone blood tests and charts). I had an ultrasound during the one before this, and it showed that I just had a few small follicles on each ovary (so no dominant follicle) on day 20 of my cycle, and my estrogen was very low. My LH didn't get very high either. So I started maca around day 8 of my cycle, and my blood tests showed that within a few days my estrogen (E2) was going up very well. Then my ultrasound showed a nice dominant follicle on one side, my LH surge was good, and I got a good clear temp shift and nice stable temps during my LP. I'm pretty certain that without the maca I'd still be having dud cycles.

At the moment I'm just taking 2 capsules (550mg each) per day, 1 after breakfast and 1 after dinner. I've seen recommended doses up to 3g per day though.

Here's hoping you get a positive test soon!

2nd month of maca here went from 36 day cycle to 42 on the first month. Energy is great on capsules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->