Maca Root

Hey ladies, great thread! :) I got my gelatinised maca root 500mg capsules today (=2500mg maca) and took 1 capsule this morning :) Plans are to take it until ovulation.
Also starting to take bee pollen and bee propolis again,and ordering royal jelly.
Tried taking pregnacare prenatals but got some terrible side-effects (abdominal swelling and pain, nausea, dizziness,shaking,headaches....) so have now decided to get all my nutrients from food...
Lolasmith, you sound soooo knowledgeable when it comes to supplements and super foods.Do you think that maca + a combination of royal jelly, propolis, pollen, and honey would cover my needs? X

Hi I think that is excellent! All of those are nutrient dense so I do think it will cover your needs- especially on top of a well balanced diet. One thing I will add is that taking Vit D, especially in sun form will do wonders, it is so important for your bodies utilization of nutrients and is a huge factor for hormone balance.

I personally for years experienced no af during winter, we get fairly cold winters- but not too bad- no snow usually. Anyway, when I looked backed while I was at uni I would go from all A's spring, summer, autum, then every year I would barely pass at winter. It effected me in so many ways. I now go to a sun bed once a week to get my D levels up in winter- have been completely regular since doing this. (It's only once a week, I barely even tan so I don't think it is hugely bad for me- I only go for a short time as recommended by my doctor- something in that within half the time it takes for skin to start getting pink you have all the vit D you need- has to be a large portion of your body though.)

https://www.eje-online.org/content/early/2012/01/24/EJE-11-0984.short

Any way sorry for the un related info!! Good luck !

https://www.eje-online.org/content/early/2012/01/24/EJE-11-0984.short

Hey lolasmith,
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy i am finally on the right track! :)
Wow, what you mentioned about your AF during the winters resonates so much with me!! I was wondering why my AF lasted just day and a half last month!! And was really worried! I thought it is something to do with the dyskaryosis they just discovered (treated on the 22nd with a colposcopy & LLETZ btw)! But it may well be due to Vit D deficiency! The UK has not had much sunshine lately, and I have not had much time to go out (work, courses, etc). Interestingly, I have just added Calcium + Vit D to the supplements I am taking, and had more Vit D in my diet (e.g. real butter) this past month. So my AF came back this month! This makes me think that perhaps my AF problems lately may have indeed been due to Vit D definiency! Thank you for the heads up! I will make sure i supplement if I don't have enough Vit D in my food, or through sunlight exposure!

Along these lines, this past weekend I started taking Total Nutrition Superfood, 1 scoop a day (got it from Holland & Barrett). It is annoying that it does not have an indication of the approximate (at least!) quantity of nutrients it contains. All it notes is the following: "Pre sprouted barley, apple (whole), flaxseed, barley grass, quinoa, spirulina, bilberry fruit, carrot, turmeric, kelp (approved non organic". "Linoleic Acid (Omega 3) 660 mg, Oleic acid (Omega 9) 215 mg, Linoleic acid (Omega 6) 158mg". "Vit A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12m Biotin, Vit C, D, E, Folic acid, Inositol, PABA. Zinc, calcium, magnesium, chromium, germanium, iron, potassium, copper, iodine, boron, phosphorus. Cystine, glutamic acid, leucine, threonine, glycine, lysine, methionine, valine, tryptophan, tyrosine. Acid phorphotase, beta-amylase, b-glucanase, cellulase, alpha-amylase, limitdextrinase, pepsidase, super oxide dismutase, phinolase, protinase, super oxide dismutase, phinolase, endorprotinase." Gosh what a long list... It states it is "a complete formula from natural organic sources. Contains ALL known essential nutrients".. it does not say how much of each vitamin though.. or is that not that essential as you cannot overdose on nutrients obtained from food... ?

I am glad!! I was blown away at the effects of vit D, I will never ignore my needs for it again!

That sounds great, I haven't had much experience taking things as a combo like that, but it's great as long as they are not synthetic. The amount of each vitamin in the supplement may not be very high- it seems to be the case in combos. But if you can take that and eat super healthy as well you will be doing great! A rule of thumb for me is stay away from consuming anything bad that all the good stuff has to compete with!

I have become a bit of a foody and add all the different superfoods to my meals, for instance I might have a chicken salad with chia seed, sunflower seed, goji and sprouts, barley I grow the barley myself which I love doing! And then I will have a smoothie for desert with flax seed, spirulina, macca and just water I have at that time.

Keep on googling you'll come across so many great foods and recipies!

I've also started taking Maca this month. It's been about 1 week for me now. I feel the energy increase & I'm feeling more randy!
I think it's too late for it to work for fertility this month but we'll see :)
I take 1 capsule in the morning, one in the evening. I took two in the morning/evening for 2 days & my stomach felt a bit off.

I have a question for you girls! :)

When you first started taking Maca did it somehow change your AF?

This is my first cycle so I can't comment personally but I've read a lot of woman notice their periods change. Has it changed for you & how?

This is my first cycle so I can't comment personally but I've read a lot of woman notice their periods change. Has it changed for you & how?

Well i don't know yet how much it has changed mine because it's the first day of my AF today but i had strong cramps, had to take painkillers and lay down.. Haven't had that kind of period for more than a year ..i hope it's not gonna stay like that :wacko:

Well it seems maca helped this month (along with the grapefruit juice and the tons of supplements I put DF on for his low sperm count), so we are pregnant!! 11 DPO now so still early days but hoping it sticks! :)

Well it seems maca helped this month (along with the grapefruit juice and the tons of supplements I put DF on for his low sperm count), so we are pregnant!! 11 DPO now so still early days but hoping it sticks! :)

Omg awsome news! Congrats and H&H 9 months!!! :happydance:

Congrats!!!!
I got pregnant last month but sadly miscarried :(
We are trying to get pregnant on our own this month (I'm 2dpo today) & still taking Maca. We'll see what happens.

Congrats!!!!
We are trying to get pregnant on our own this month (I'm 2dpo today) & still taking Maca. We'll see what happens.

Gosh sorry to hear that :( :hugs: Did the docs pinpoint a reason? :hugs:

Thanks...no reason per se. It just happens 1 out of 4 pregnancies.
My HCG levels didn't rise higher than 44 & so it just wasn't viable.
We are trying on our own this month & we shall see what happens. But if not, I want to get right back on the IUI wagon next cycle.

I'm happy it worked for you! YAY!

Congrats!!!!

Sorry about your mc :( Better luck this time, FX for you! :flower:

Hello has anyone tried these (maca Root) to bring on a period I'm cd95 and still haven't had a period and im not pregnant x

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=3807&prodid=4417&cid=205

Hello has anyone tried these (maca Root) to bring on a period I'm cd95 and still haven't had a period and im not pregnant x

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=3807&prodid=4417&cid=205

Hi, i haven't tried to bring on my AF with maca but i used natural progesterone cream (everyday until my period came) and have been getting my periods with no help since then :)
Before that i went 8 months with no periods.

Hello ladies I know this is a old thread but I was just wondering if anyone has taken this brand of maca as I'm trying to regulate my cycles x
Also how many mg would you recommend ? Thankyou
https://www.healthmonthly.co.uk/swanson_maca

Never heard on this brand just make sure its Organic & Gelatinized. .

Hello there, yes I took Swanson maca :) they are gelatinised :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->