Maca Root

OnErth&InHvn

Mom to 4
Reaction score
I searched and couldnt find much on the following:

1) How many cycles did it take to work AKA:Improve male issues (with OH taking it, not you)?
2) How much did he take? What form? (pills/powder)
3) Where did you get it from?

-----------
DH is having ED issues and I want to buy some (locally if i can find it) but google is no help on dosage or which form is better, not how long until he may see some improvement. :shrug:

I don't know about maca, but my husband is taking pycnogenol (50 mg) and l-arginine (1 g) to improve his sperm quality, and it has the added benefit of improving erections. (Has something to do with nitric oxide) This was not necessarily a problem for him, but let's just say I've noticed a difference already in the first week!

I have read that in general, it takes supplements about 3 months before they start affecting your body, even if it's just something like a fingernail and hair supplement.

But I'm no physician, I can only tell you what I've read. :) I hope I was at least a little help.

with the l-arginine did your OH take it with any other meds? my DH is on Blood pressure meds which really mess with erections and ejaculation. -sigh- so its a struggle during those important 6 days

There's a good one by Whole World Botanicals that is specifically for men. You really can't take too much, but don't give him the whole bottle or anything. You can safely double or triple the recommended daily amount. Also, to give him an added boost I'd definitely get him on zinc (as a bonus it helps immunity) to improve the quantity and Folate to improve quality of his little swimmers.

Also, Vega has a chocolate bar that has maca in it. So if you want to give him a treat, it tastes good.

As I iready said, it can take 3 months to see improvement, and that would prove positive with the zinc, folate, l arginine, etc, however, with something like maca that's a natural stimulent, you can expect to see him more frisky in a few days.

BUT, before you give him ANYTHING you need to check with his dr first! With him being on meds, you need to ensure any supplements you give him will not interfere with what the dr has prescribed.

with the l-arginine did your OH take it with any other meds? my DH is on Blood pressure meds which really mess with erections and ejaculation. -sigh- so its a struggle during those important 6 days

My husband isn't taking any prescription meds, just the pycnogenol, l-arginine and vitamin supplements. Since the first two affect nitric oxide synthesis to improve vascular function, I'm not sure it would work if the ED is caused by blood pressure meds. Also not sure if this could interact with his meds, so would be good to check with a doctor or pharmacist before trying!

https://www.nutritionexpress.com/showarticle.aspx?articleid=920

My husband isn't taking any prescription meds, just the pycnogenol, l-arginine and vitamin supplements. Since the first two affect nitric oxide synthesis to improve vascular function, I'm not sure it would work if the ED is caused by blood pressure meds. Also not sure if this could interact with his meds, so would be good to check with a doctor or pharmacist before trying!

https://www.nutritionexpress.com/showarticle.aspx?articleid=920

oh yes I was going to ask the Doctor but I was just curious if you had that. gonna call them as we speak now and find out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->