• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Mad behaviour - normal

leannehurren

Reaction score
I'll admit that I'm paranoid as my cousin and brother both have sons that are severely autistic :(

anyway, my latest concern is caleb laughing randomly at nothing! He's 15 months now and will be sat in his stroller and suddenly start laughingand wriggling about madly.

He has also just started getting along on his knees after months of crawling. But ge does this strange penguin move wih his arms straight behind him and bounces madly on his knees. It looks really funny but should I be worried?

Did anyone elses toddler have mad behaviour? I have asked friends about the laughing and none of their kids seemed to have it

Hi Leanne

From what I've read about autism (and I could probably write a book now I've read so much!) the concerns about laughing are either not laughing or laughing at inappropriate times, which I understood to mean, laughing when they are getting a telling off, etc. From what you've described it sounds like your son is just a very happy little guy who really enjoys himself.

As for the walking on knees, I understand that is very, very common for all toddlers and perhaps he's just using his arms oddly for balance?

The CDC has a list of milestones that your toddler should have achieved by one year. I will post them below (then next stage they have is 18 months).

Doesn’t crawl
Can’t stand when supported
Doesn’t search for things that she sees you hide
Doesn’t say single words like “mama” or “dada”
Doesn’t learn gestures like waving or shaking head
Doesn’t point to things
Loses skills he once had

As you've said, you are probably hyper-sensitive to everything your son does, wondering if it is a sign of autism (I am the same) but the odds are in your favour that your son is just fine. I won't tell you to relax and try not to worry as I know that wouldn't help me, but just try and enjoy your time with your son and continue to keep a watchful eye! :hugs:

he sounds lovely! poppy is pretty much insane. her bahaviour is bizarre most of the time, including the laughing, weird walking etc.

Thanks ladies! He is a lovely, funny, happy boy and I hate the fact that I question everything. No doubt though that he has some hilarious quirks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"