'Mad' Hour

B

ButterCupJoJo

Hey girls, first time of posting in Toddler & Pre-School, so hello to all of you! I have 2 beautiful boys Lucas who has just turned 2, and Oliver who will be turning 5 very soon.

Everyday Lucas seems to have mad hour betwen 4-6 its just like he gets a little spark in him and bang the fire work goes off, house becomes a tip, and in general he just becomes like tigger on speed! It's insane, I try distracting him, getting toys out that he wants, having a number of toys out so that he can't tip everything out and mess it all up. I try doing physical activities to get the energy out of him!

When he does it though he finds himself funny, and I must admit I do find it funny, because its not naughty behaviour it's just hyper play!

Anybody else toddlers do this?

Sounds like Omar in the evenings :D. Omar is so active after his nap. He's a bit lazy in the morning after waking up & having his breakfast, but in the evening between 6-8 he's all over the place, he keeps running around, pushing his toy pram, then his car all around the house. He also climbs on the sofa, then on the table. He also sings nonstop while playing & running. He also speaks in a funny way & makes jokes, like when we ask him about something he answers the question wrong then he says "no, no, it's wrong" while laughing & running away.

I'm glad Lucas isn't the only one!! - He is like it everyday like a little clock work mouse that no's when mad hour occurs lol!

Dec is 4 and every evening at about 6-7 he turns into a madman, he just seems to have a lot of energy to burn of before bed !!! lol

Daniel gets the same. Basically it's when they suddenly get super tired and instead of it making them flop, it makes them go totally mad!!! Thankfully Daniel now only really does it at my in-laws when we are there. For some reason they wind him up when he gets like this rather than try to calm him down.

Eloise is only 18 months but from 6pm until bedtime she has a crazy hour, less about destruction though, more shouting and dancing and singing and throwing herself about on the sofa!

Ah, bless them! Oliver my eldest never really had a mad hour! - Very different boys!

Tobi is exactly the same. It happens about twenty minutes after dinner for us, and about an hour ish before bathtime.
I put it down to the intake of calories and the tiredness being a 'bad mix'!!
I love it though, he is so much fun at this time. In the summer, we used to be out in the garden playing. This time of year, it is a little trickier!

We have this problem too!, I call it "The Witching Hour", 5.30-6.30 he just goes round like I've put speed in his dinner!. But he goes to sleep straight away with out a squeak, he is bonkers!.

When Harvey takes his daft half hour I know it's getting near bedtime. He just exhausts himself with it.

Lol maybe we should start a group, the mummys with mad hour children and post all about their mad hour and the funny things they do, say and get up to??

I hope Lucas gets out of it by the time this little one is old enough to have mad hour.. 2 little ones with mad hour wow crazy lol, just glad Oliver didn't do it!!

My kids are always bouncing off the frickin walls...and Kelana is a hyper-diaper too. I just send them outside...trampoline or something.

Thank god!!!! Adam does this too the last hour before bed!!1 He'll run between living room and bedroom at top speed and throws himself against anything that gets in is way all whilst laughing his head off. Seriously the boy is bonkers!!!!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->