made a mistake UPDATED

Fly

newly knocked up with #2!
Reaction score
I don't post here much, I'm more of a lurker and have been since I was WTT during the late summer. I'm nearly 11 weeks along now and am waiting on having my first scan this week. Didn't feel nervous about it, but always had the plan to not buy anything for bubs until after the 20 week scan.

Well, me and OH bought a pram a couple of nights ago. We knew which model we wanted to get, and because it was so expensive we thought we'd start by looking at lightly used ones on ebay. Hey Presto, the exact model and colour we wanted came up, local pick up only and ten miles away from where we live. We had a budget, we bid for it and got it for less than we'd budgeted for, meaning we can afford to buy the extras that don't come with it (changing bag and parasol) without going over what we'd decided to spend.

Now I just feel like a fool for buying a huge posh pram when I'm not even 11 weeks and haven't got through my first scan. Like I'm tempting fate or setting myself up for disapointment. It is probably the hormones but I've been weepy about it all afternoon.

What do you think?

You've done what you felt is right hun. :)
Nothing can change that. Im 11 weeks tomorrow and i've been very very tempted to buy things too.
But im trying to save money for a pram I want! Lol! xx

i dont think you've been silly at all :flower:

dont put so much pressure on yourself! just because others havent started buying yet, you did what was right for you! If you've saved money than GOOD FOR YOU! me? i'll probably end up leaving it till the last minute and being £2000 overdrawn just to get everything! or bub will come early and have nothing but nappies to wear!!

dont panic, dont worry & for goodness sake dont think your a fool! :) You're clearly gonna make a great mummy, being so organised already. Good luck at your scan :) xox

I think you are just a good prepared Mommy who is so eager for her baby she can't hold back! I don't think anything bad will happen because you bought an item. Instead of focusing on the fact that you are only 11 weeks along, think about your beautiful baby and how much joy he/she will get out of your pram (which I'm thinking is the same as a crib as we say in California?).

Good Luck - Chin up, you'll be just fine <3

Don't worry Hun! Please! Some people buy things before they're even pregnant! Xxx

Thanks all. I think it is just the hormones, and some displaced nerves about the scan - intead of worrying about that I'm worrying about the bloody pram...

(a pram is the same as a stroller or a buggy. I think a crib is a cot but I could be wrong...)

When it comes, we're going to pack it up and put it up in the loft and forget about it until much, much later on.

And it really was a bargain!!

Oh hun, don't stress. We have been TTC for over 4 years, and I pretty much have a nursery set up already. Even before we conceived. I only need a couple of things. If anything is to go wrong with the baby, it will not be because you went out and bought yourself a pram. :hugs: Relax hun.

Hey Fly - I remember you from wtt so Hi and congratulations!!!

And where have you been lol??? 11 weeks already -good for you!!

Dont worry about buying your pram, you have made a very frugal decision to buy the perfect pram at the perfect price and you wouldhave kicked yourself had you let the opportunity pass you by. What pram is it btw???

p.s I have already bought pack of vests and snuggle robe and I am just about 9 weeks. I am waiting til i know the gender to buy my pram etc but only cos I want gender specific this time around.

take care, xx

dont worry about it i already have things stored away and the chest is getting full :blush:

what pram you have then? i have been looking at some in mothercare 'excursion' and a few in mamas and papas 'skate; and 'joolz' cant decide tho :headspin:

I think you are just a good prepared Mommy who is so eager for her baby she can't hold back! I don't think anything bad will happen because you bought an item. Instead of focusing on the fact that you are only 11 weeks along, think about your beautiful baby and how much joy he/she will get out of your pram (which I'm thinking is the same as a crib as we say in California?).

No a pram isn't a crib. A pram is like a stoller you put bubs in when out and about.
A crib is a cot that they sleep in...

Well at least thats what it means here in Aussie :hugs:

Hun I don't think your mad or made a mistake, I think you got yourself a bargin.
Hubby and I are going to start putting money away after Christmas and probably start our baby shopping around Feb March as we are having twins and need to buy double of everything. Well i still have my boys cot so I only need to get one more of those.
The double stroller i want is expensive so will probably laybe it after Christmas and start paying it off. I want a good one to last them both from new born to toddler.

Their "Pram" is our Stroller! I got so confused at all the lingo too!! I really like the european pram's too compared to the big hunkin things that are available here.

And although I also don't plan on buying anything for quite a while, I do not thing that you did anything "wrong" by buying what you felt you wanted especially when you got such a great deal. Just believe that all will be well and keep your faith. That is what is getting me through day by day!! Faith!! :hugs:

Thanks all. I'm laughing at myself now for being such an emotional wreck. The pram is a bugaboo chameleon in red and charcoal - with footmuff. There was no way I was going to pay full price for it, but got it for less than £250 so am very pleased.

Wannabubba - fancy seeing you here!! Everything has happened so quickly! We decided to go ahead and try, and then two weeks later, bam! I didn't post much because we were both so overwhelmed... I thought it would take us six months, not one fortnight. But we're over the moon too, of course! Just needed a little while to adjust.

Glad to see you here too!

:)

I started buying bits quite early on whenever I saw a bargain, but (because I am stupidly superstitious) I wouldnt keep them in my house. Everything is still at the MIL house as I am still paranoid!

I bought a hammock that was a great deal before I found out about my MMC. After I found out I just packed it away. No harm done. I didn't want to look at it for a few months of course, but I was glad I had it for next time. :)

Sorry to hear about your loss bky. I know I'm going to pack my pram away and forget about it until much later on, because I wouldn't want to look at it if I was unlucky and just through reading these forums I see that there are many more unlucky women than there should be.

Thank's for the clarification ... I think it's great that there are mommys from around the world on here. A pram - a stroller, a cot - a crib, a baby - a baby...see we all want the same final outcome anyways :)

Just to update all you ladies - we got our pram the day after my 12 week scan. The scan was perfect, everything is as it should be and the baby was moving about like a maniac!

The pram is in excellent condition - looks like new, and comes with all the accessories. If we bought it new it would be nearly £1000 for everything, which there is no way I would pay - so I'm now estastic I've got such a bargain.

Had it in the dining room for a day just to play with it, but it is going up into the loft tonight until the summer!

oohh thats great and you can even buy new fabric for it from mothercare etc if you fancied changing it.

Thank's for the clarification ... I think it's great that there are mommys from around the world on here. A pram - a stroller, a cot - a crib, a baby - a baby...see we all want the same final outcome anyways :)

Like it :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->