Made it to 37 weeks! No preemie baby for me this time!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by thelistkeeper, Nov 17, 2011.

1. thelistkeeper

thelistkeeper Well-Known Member

I am so very proud of this milestone! Both my other children were born before 37 weeks. I have done everything I can (progesterone injections, resting as much as possible, no sex, cerclage, etc) to make sure I went to term! Now I can say I have, so let the labor begin! LOL Had my 37 week appointment today and I was having contractions pretty steady about every 7 minutes or so on monitor, just not very strong ones. Hoping this leads to something. I was not dilated really any when checked today, but that can change quickly if the contractions do. Otherwise, I have another appointment next Wednesday for a growth scan, NST, cervix check, and to talk about induction since I am gestational diabetes insulin dependent, they won't let me go past 39 weeks. So either way, sometime in the next 2 weeks, I will be holding my precious little princess! EEEEKKKKK!!!:happydance:

2. MummyMEE

MummyMEE DS of 14/DD born Dec '11

Yey me too!! My DS was born at 32 weeks so now I feel 5 weeks overdue!!

3. thelistkeeper

Aww! Well congrats to you for making it this time too! I am so happy I made my goal!

4. KNWilson

KNWilson Well-Known Member

Congrats on going to term!! I bet you're excited to see you're sweet baby girl. Today I'm 37 weeks along and at my OB appointment on Tuesday they said I was already 2cm dilated and I've noticed more stronger BH over the last few days so I'm hoping my little guy will make his way into the world a week or two early. Can't wait to read your birth story and see some pictures!! :D

5. MummyMEE

MummyMEE DS of 14/DD born Dec '11

Well done, good choice on your LO's name too! My name is Mollie xx

6. mummylove

mummylove Well-Known Member

congrats to both of u :)

7. thelistkeeper

Aww wow that is great! Well, I am having some contractions, just not strong enough to dilate me just yet, but that can change quickly as we all know... I hope your little guy comes when you and he are both ready! I will be looking forward to writing and posting pics, can't wait to see yours as well! Love looking at all the cuties and reading how they came into the world..

8. thelistkeeper

Aww, thanks, hubby and my DD came up with that name, is cute and not long, did not want a long name with this one as our last name is Loughran, so Molly Ann Loughran was not too long...

9. MommyMoore503

MommyMoore503 Mommy of 2 girls

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    Yay!! Good job keeping LO in there :) Sounds like you did everything you could to ensure LO stayed place as long as possible and you should be very proud of yourself. Now... push that pumpkin out so we can all ohhh & ahhhhhh :flower:

10. thelistkeeper

Thanks! yep, I have had it with this pregnancy and trying to keep everything in order. But I am ready to push her out, she wants to be a Thanksgiving turkey it seems! LOL They will induce within the next 2 weeks if she isn't out by then, so I know some time within 2 weeks you will be ooohhing and ahhhing all over! LOL