made myself sad how to rid of it

katangel90

Reaction score
Ive been reading articles that tell you how u should gain or loss during pregnancy. Im just over 12 wks. Ive lost 7lbs. But according to these "trackers" at 5ft 8 in I'm obese and still to gain 20-30 pounds.That doesn't sound right. I know im gonna gain weight just having a dispute with myself about it and its making me feel self disgust. I'm not showing. I do have a belly but I'm pretty well proportioned weight wise. People r surprised I'm 215. Always tells me I'm 175. and reading because ur over weight more complications are bound to happen. My pregnancy has been smooth sailing (knock on wood) no morning sickness, bit tender/sensitive, emotions pretty level, been taking
naps is all -sigh- Sorry for the rant...:nope:

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I am 5'9" and got pregnant around 210 or so- everything has been fine so far. I had absolutely ZERO complications when pregnant with my son and was even heavier then, plus I gained a ridiculous 80 pounds. Some complications can happen if you're heavier, but that does NOT mean they're bound to happen. Just keep doing what you're doing! Make good choices food-wise, and try and get a little bit of light exercise....even just go for a walk, something to be active.
I hope you feel better soon, pregnancy is emotional enough as it is without having to feel bad about your body.

Hugs. Just remember that doctors and book generally HAVE to tell you everything that could go wrong. Like PP said, it does not mean it will. I was talking to my coworker about how good it felt to eat a slice of our hot lunch pizza after being healthy for two work weeks. She laughed and said she lived off of Denny's with her oldest daughter. Her brain and eyes and all that developed just fine. It'll all be more than fine. :)

As for the weight loss, I would talk to a doctor. I don't know enough to give you advice on that. (S)he can help ease your fears and come up with a weight plan. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->