Madness

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
How much for a baby should be asked before the obsession :wacko:

Theres a small corner in my room thats got a value of £500 ... Just a little stack of boxes ffs :dohh: travel cot unit will be in same place when that arrives not sure how big the box will be because of all the xtras so may as well bump that up another £100 really!

Exspensive business! Thank goodness my OH is buying the pram :rofl:

I know, babies are expensive things !!! i wish i never went so mad on clothes last time as they grow out of it soooooo quick !!! saying that you see a nice little outfit and just cant resist!

Its crazy to what it all adds up to though !

See, my Mam has gone mad and bought alsorts for baby, but alot of people who have had a baby recently have been giving me stuff too, so I feel sort of guilty, as if baby will only have second hand stuff and things that other people have bought, and I know the stuff people have given me that they had didn't even get used for their baby

Is it mad that I think like that?

I know, babies are expensive things !!! i wish i never went so mad on clothes last time as they grow out of it soooooo quick !!! saying that you see a nice little outfit and just cant resist!

Its crazy to what it all adds up to though !

We have been so lucky on Coby, my sister and Jases sister, and now my friend have given us all there boys clothes, i have had clothes for him right from birth and i think i prob will right up untill teenager lol

NOw and again we will buy the odd outfit that we like but the clothes we have been given are fine, all next and cheerokee nice stuff.

So if this baby is a boy, then i dont have to buy anything, and if its a girl, my other sister has already said i can have Chloes old clothes, which again are all my type of clothes, its great having sisters with kids too lol

If this is a girl i will get teh odd few bits of new clothes, but Coby hasnt worn half of the clothes he has been given, he grows out of them so quick and there was so many.

I dont tend to go mad with baby stuff, i did on Charlie, she had teh best of everything, but after that i only got what was needed and cheap lol (not to cheap it was shit)

We have kept all Cobys old big toys, jumparoo, door bouncer, baby gym, walker so i will re use them, but i think i will prob buy a few extras coz there are new nicer stuff out now, altho i wont go mad.

They grow up so quick that i refuse to spend loads of money on them at this stage lol

x

See with maddie i couldn't afford it so i couldn't go mad!!
This one ... i not found the time :) lol

xxx

I don't know anyone who have stuff that they have out used now so its from scratch for me. I guess what I have bought needs to be bought ... so expensive though still. I might have gone a little more over the top on the odd thing but its my first I guess & its been nice.

I have moses basket & stand
Travel cot with changing unit attached
Tommee Tippee Steriliser (digital one Im lazy lol) with starter pack
Swing
Bouncer
Nappy wrapper
Sensor monitors
Changing mat
Sensor light
Thermometer (although going to buy a digi)
Bath thermometer
Feeding system
New born Dummies
Vests
Mittens

I'm sure more bits

:baby:

Tbh wasn't too keen on doing it yet but we decided to do it whist we knew we could.

An still more to get prob just bits & pieces now & a few clothes then hospital bag.

Tbh i have :

Steriliser and starter pack
Moses basket and stand
Vests
Sleep suits
Dummies (Prob wont use)
Breast pump
Maternity pads
Breast pads
Socks
Nappies
Wipes
Bottles

Still need:

More vests
More Sleepsuits
Travel Cot
Changing Bag
Buggy
Changing mat

Im sure theres loads else lol

xxx

i love the shopping part of it all, just going out and choose what you want is such a great feeling.

I keot most of Charlies stuff for Ethan, not clothes of course lol
And i have got most of Cobys stuff for this one, mosses basket, cot, big toys.

I have brought a new pram, but the rest i think i will get second hand coz i will have no baby after this to save it for, im thinking of maybe getting a cold water sterolizer this time round.

im being really tight with this one, poor thing lol

x

The only reason i got new sterilser is cause i don't want to take all maddies things away from her and plus i HATE advent now lol!!

Im being tight too lol

xxx

im glad im not the only one lol

everyone is diffrent but i only sterolize for 6 months so i figure a cold water one will do fine this time.

I still have all Cobys cot bedding too, its the mothercare jungle range so its fine for a girl or boy so i have saved on money there too lol

I think the only thing i will buy new is a breast pump, pram, dummys, cups and food bowls of course lol

x

Layla tommy tippee did a great deal on hand held breast pump hun ....

Got mine for £20 i think from boots??

But hang fire cause if i can't BF then i won't need mine so you can have it??

xxx

cheers hun, but i want a heavy duty one,

I tried but failed to breast feed Coby coz he has a tongue tie, so if this one is the same (Ethan has one too) then i wont be able to do it again, but i want to try to exlusively breast feed so i am going to buy this one..

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=250126236532&rd=1&rd=1

i dont know if im kidding myself thinking i can do it, but hey, im going to try at least lol

x

I couldn't with maddie so i know what you mean ...

Im determined too!!!

Looks a good one!

xxx

hope its good, its what was recomended to me, im going to feel like such a cow (animal type, not teh bitch type lol) with it on tho lol

The only thing im worried about wth that, is that if i express through the say, will i ahve enough left for over night? so its something i have to chat to the midwife about

x

You apparently just top up all the time some how your boobies just know ...

LOL they make enough to keep up the supply! ...

werid lol so yep i know what you mean about the cow comment pmsl

xxx

Yer will be keeping everything we have bought.

I've decided not to breast feed ... naughty me? :D

no not atall, i didnt breast feed with Charlie or Ethan, i tried with Charlie but only coxz i had so much pressure from family and midwifes, i really didnt feel comfy with it all so i stopped after 2 days, didnt even try with Ethan.

Felt diffrently on Coby so i wanted to have ago, but failed missribly lol

x

You apparently just top up all the time some how your boobies just know ...

LOL they make enough to keep up the supply! ...
xxx
Trust me...as someone feeding two at once...they do just know. Feel like I'm making enough to express on top of feeding them both! :rofl:

I havent got a thing left over from Kai:blush: im one of these people that cant keep anything i throw them away! I have to basically start all over again DH not too pleased :rofl: oh well! Im not goin mad though cos with Kai i did and never used have the stuff we got.
Its bloody expensive yes and even more so now than 5 yrs ago!
xx

Even if you had it I bet you'd want diff. Like Layla said lot sof new thing sout now :D

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->