Maiya demands boobies all the time

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Heather.78, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Heather.78

Heather.78 Well-Known Member

hey guys abit of a dilemma so feedings going really well great amount of time on boobies and about evry 2 1/2 so for the last few days we've had a poo problem which i think is resolved(baby pile) from the switch over to just bm so she had a real bad few days and demanded boob just to even think aqbout pooing now she demands boob during the day about every hour especially if she needs to poo Im getting so drained any ideas guys Im only managing to get on here while shes yet again on the boob yawn so tired.

ps shes changed to hardly sleeping during the day only 1/2 - 1 hr max maybe a couple of times a day is this normal for her age she sleeps really well at night from about 9 o/c- 8 o/c with of course a few feeds thrown in but she drifts off back to sleep easily

2. Ragirl

Ragirl Mom of 2

Hang in there. Sounds to me like she is getting enough sleep if she is going that long at night. As for constantly nursing, they go through a growth spurt around 1 mo to 6 wks, so it's not unusual for them to suddenly be feeding more/longer than they were. And this will happen periodically. Just when you think you've gotten them figured out in terms of a schedule, they will suddenly hit a growth spurt. The key, as always, is as long as you are getting enough wet diapers and poos, all is good. Hang in there and try to rest when she does if you can. And remember to use Lanolin if your nipples start to get sore with the increase in feedings.

3. Carolyn

Carolyn Well-Known Member

heather - that's my baby! she did that! hang in there, it gets better! x

4. Samantha675

Samantha675 Maybe baby #3?!?

Sounds pretty normal to me. Bren used to live on my boob! As for as pooing while eating, he used to do the same thing and it is because their little system can relax while feeding, and presto - poo. Once her system matures a bit, she won't do this anymore. Then you will have the lovely grunting baby like I have.