Major Breakthrough!

WhiteKhocol8

Reaction score
So a friend announced her pregnancy today - I feel very priveliged as she told me before it went live on Facebook and while yes, there are twinges of jealousy I know she has gone through a lot to get there so I'm genuinely, truly happy for her.

When I told my husband, and asked if he would mind me talking baby stuff with him he was fine with it... and admitted the ONLY thing holding us back is money. He has no problem trying earlier if only we can continue to make the mortgage payments!

Ideas welcome for that part but I mostly wanted to post that until now I still kinda got twinges that he just wasn't ready... but this has put it in perspective. May be TTC earlier than we thought if I can make something work!

Yay!

Get yourself an excel spreadsheet with ask you income and outgoings then your spending, work out what you'd have with a baby (may leave, child benefit etc) and see how the books balance and what your can compromise. Baby's don't have to cost the earth and your priorities will change. That's great news though.

yay! how exciting for you! I love when my husband says things about us being parents in the future. :)

Great news! A spreadsheet is a great idea :)

Brilliant news! Feels so great and exciting when you have a breakthrough like that! I agree with the spreadsheet, see where you can cut back and you'll have it all there in front of you :)

Thanks ladies! My biggest cost at the moment is diet food as I am on meal plan and it's getting SUCH good results I can't quite see my way to stopping just yet! The other is on repayments - I borrowed money to get me through threw years of study to become a teacher and while I have paid off about a fifth I would like to be able to continue to pay it off and not have to freeze it. The solution is, I think, to tutor from home and pick up a little more contract work (I currently teach and work a second casual contract job). And save whatever I can between now and TTC - hopefully we can scrape by for a year or two on that plus OH's income.

Really struggling at the moment. While I am thrilled that we have bought our house (within my budget) and hubby is on board with baby making as soon as we can manage it financially I am very unhappy with my personal finances and I just can't make my salary stretch far enough to pay everything off and save. I really need to find a third job or something - what I'm doing now just doesn't cut it (two jobs plus ad hoc mostly unpaid work for Hubby's second job - which I don't grudge, don't get me wrong).

Just need to work out where the switch for the light at the end of the tunnel is! Sorry for the rant ladies - just needed to get that off my chest. Now maybe I will be able to find a way forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->