Major Gas pain, but no gas!? (tmi right there in the title...sorry!)

sandyhen85

Reaction score
:blush: Ok so slightly tmi here...apologies in advance, but i've been constipated all of last week, but yesterday I had a bad stomach and went to the loo twice with very loose stools. I had major gas pain all through the night and it is still with me today - I cannot go to the loo again and there is no gas to pass?! I am a little confused as to why I have the pain if there is no gas, but wondered if anyone had any tips to get rid of it - I haven't been able to eat today because of it...I am 10 weeks today and I think my uterus has been growing the past few days because my scar tissue from when I had my ectopic pregnancy a few months ago has been hurting on and off, so I guess that could cause the gas pain if things are moving around in there...I am hoping it is something non worrisome like that anyway.

Thanks in advance ladies xx

Notice no one answered this,so i'll share my experience.I had extreme bad trapped wind but nothing to pass.i ended up in A&E it was that bad.i was doubled over and ready to pass out sometimes. Rennie deflatine worked great for me and its totally safe in pregnancy. X

I had this in first tri last time, not yet luckily this time! I woke up screaming from sleeping as the pain was so immense! I had to get my hubby to get me out bed and walked till it came out. It is basically trapped gas, it can sometimes take awhile but it will work itself out!

Thank you ladies, I had it for two days, last night thought I would throw up because of it. it seems to have eased off this morning, but will certainly try rennie and walking if it comes back

I am getting this too and had it with my son's pregnancy. I gently rub my stomach in the direction gas would move through the intestines or have dh rub the bottom of my feet. The last one is only sort of working. With DS my husband would rub the bottom of my feet and I would have a bowel movement within 15 minutes without fail. Right now the stomach rubbing is doing the most benefit but I haven't had a bm all day. It's quite frustrating as the stomach pains are adding to my nausea.

I have had horrible stomach/abdomen pain first thing in the morning all through first tri the only season Im not worried is i had the same with my son. Deflatine is great, Im not a fan of medication at all but it was wonderful and safe. Also drinking absolutely heaps of water (maybe this helps cos i get up 6 times a night and the wind erm dissipates haha). Its just one of those things but eating less in the way of wind making foods can help too (boo i love beans)

:blush: Ok so slightly tmi here...apologies in advance, but i've been constipated all of last week, but yesterday I had a bad stomach and went to the loo twice with very loose stools. I had major gas pain all through the night and it is still with me today - I cannot go to the loo again and there is no gas to pass?! I am a little confused as to why I have the pain if there is no gas, but wondered if anyone had any tips to get rid of it - I haven't been able to eat today because of it...I am 10 weeks today and I think my uterus has been growing the past few days because my scar tissue from when I had my ectopic pregnancy a few months ago has been hurting on and off, so I guess that could cause the gas pain if things are moving around in there...I am hoping it is something non worrisome like that anyway.

Thanks in advance ladies xx

Hey, you could try two things and see if they work for you, they work for me!

1. I just took a bath and moved around a little, sitting up, leaning back, etc. The movements and the warmth of the water and probably the movement of the water as well helped me pass gas 3-4 times, which I really needed to do but couldn't do otherwise today!

2. Eat prunes and drink lots of fluids. That's really two things in one step but necessary lol. I can't drink straight water because it makes me sick but I drink like litres of apple juice and ginger beer every day, and I think the apple juice also helps move things along!

Hope that helps! :hugs:

I've had this twice so far and it's so uncomfortable! I find it usually sorts for itself out within a day or so. Increasing veggie and fruit intake has helped plus avoiding large or spicy meals too close to bedtime!

Thanks ladies, all advice is being taken on board and I will try them out...other than the bath idea, thanks for the advice sky walker but I don't have a bath, but boy do I miss having one haha OH and I are popping to Bangkok in three weeks to see our friends for the weekend and I am thinking of getting a hotel room with a bath haha (I live in Thailand, so popping to Bangkok for us isn't a big holiday like it sounds lol although still great to go for some shopping) going to send OH off to the shops now to stock upon fruit juices, fruit and veggies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->