Major stress and anxiety...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Sweetie, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Sweetie

Sweetie DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!

Due to some things going on in my life right now I had a really bad, stressful day the other day... Horrible anxiety attacks... I'm actually really worried that maybe with all those stress hormones and such that I did damage... God I feel stupid posting this but it's all I've been able to think about for the past two days... We heard the heartbeat that morning at a dr's appointment so I know sweetpea was ok then I'm just worried that I hurt it later...

2. Sweetie

Thanks very much for all the reassurance sent my way... :nope:

3. Parkep

Parkep Very happy mom

Oh hunny i cant even begin to imagine what you and your family are going though.

I dont know the answer to this hun, but in my opinion i dont think it can hurt bubs hun. If you keep having attacks though i would go to a walk in clinic and talk to them. :hugs:

4. JASMAK

JASMAK Mom of three

I just read this now. I think that everyone experiences some amount of stress during pregnancy. I have heard that too much isn't good. I too have some stress, but, I know that there isn't much I can do about these situations that are causing me stress, so I try not to stress about it. LOL! That sounded dumb, but you know what I mean. Maybe give yourself a time limit for how much you can stress about something, then don't let yourself think about it again for the day. Do something good for you..a bath, cup of tea, a walk by yourself to clear your thoughts, etc. *Try* (I know, easier said than done) not to stress about being stressed, because it just adds more stress. :hug:

5. Sweetie

I'm just in such a bad place right now and am used to BnB being so supportive... I'm sorry the previous comment was probably out of line... I came on here looking for comfort and it wasn't here....

6. JASMAK

JASMAK Mom of three

Hey, been there before. No need to apologize.

7. Parkep

Parkep Very happy mom

oh hun dont worry about the line, there was 30 ppl that viewed and not one comment i would be a little peeved about that too! vent all you need to hun. :hugs:

8. Marisa08

Marisa08 3boys & having a GIRL!

With my second son I was so stressed the WHOLE pregnancy. And he is a happy and healthy 3 year old now :)

9. Katherine

Katherine Well-Known Member

Sorry, I was one of those that read your thread, but didn't respond. Actually I didn't know well your background, so I really didn't know what to say.

But the truth is that we all have our problems, fears, stress. I try not to think too much about it, cause sometime there is not point worrying for things that are out of our hands.

I don't really have any advice for you.. Only that if you really have strong attack, then better look for some medical help? Other than that, you may try practicing some yoga or meditation... hope this help, hun:hugs:

10. 1babygirl1987

1babygirl1987 mum to my little boy

morning hunni, im sorry that your having such a rubbish time at the moment, i know what you mean to be stressed to the max, obviously not knowing your own personal circumstances its hard to comment but i dont think that stress can have an effect on your baby developmental wise, my sister went through a lot (i mean a lot a lot) in her pregnancy and we often used to worry for her and bubs but he was born a healthy chappy and is doing so so well bless him.

I sometimes feel so alone like there is no one who understands or anyone to make me feel better in hard times, but luckily bnb has also helped me through some times when i feel at my lowest and also love sharing things when im feeling at my highest. I hope things get better xxx

11. mumexpctinno3

mumexpctinno3 Mum to a boy and 2 girls

Hey hunni, i dont know wat ur going through atm but im sure bubs will be fine. I went through a hell of a lot of stress during my 1st pregnancy and everything was ok. Try and take it easy though as it may make ur BP rise xxx

12. lizzieredrup

lizzieredrup Mum to 5 little men!

Awww hun, im sorry i wasn't around when you needed the support, I totally know how it feels to really need some support and no one is about! :hugs:

I really don't think all the stress will do the baby harm, think it will do you more harm than the baby! I don't know your situtation but I do hope it calms down for you, stress is never good for anyone. :hugs:

13. vermeil

vermeil Mom to 27 week wonder+DD

Hello!

I understand... I have a really stressful job, and had a long bout (two years) of depression so I can fully sympathize. What helps with stress and anxiety is to set down a routine with some time to take care of yourself. I don't mean pamper in the sense of taking hours off and being spoiled. I find that works very short term, then the stress/anxiety comes roaring back after.

What's been proven to help is to develop a routine and reserve time DAILY to look after yourself. Set a routine of a nice warm shower, then take as much time as you can get away with to get ready for work/going out/etc. Taking time to prepare a nice meal you really enjoy helps too. Get a small shoulder massage from you SO if that's possible. Curl up with a good book. Doing small activities you enjoy releases endorphins in the brain which help. you can also orient your diet towards 'anti-stress' foods. bananas for example helps your body produce those precious endorphins.

The reason I keep repeating routine is, if you do this for a while, your brain will come to expect and look forward to it, and it puts you in a 'zen' space where you fully focus your thoughts on small gestures and enjoyments. It's the mindspace you need to relax and defuse. The actual gestures is just a way to announce to your harried brain to go on 'pause' and change your thought patterns. Sounds strange but it's the best way I can explain it.

There are some good books on the topic since stress/anxiety is unfortunately a nasty side-effect of this crazy 21st century lifestyle we live. Having a good friend you can share feelings with helps a lot too. Someone who will nod and just give you a hug even if you've just repeated for the 100th time that the sky is falling and your life is a ruined mess. The relaxing routine will help your brain get off that seemingly endless loop.

good luck and keep us updated *hugs*