make your mind up then!!

babytibby

Reaction score
Midwife came out yesterday for last visit, discharged me etc and I asked about giving lo cooled boiled water cos I remember I used to give my youngest that but it was 7 and half years ago and couldnt remember why I used to give it, was it hiccups etc.

Anyway she said no, dont give it to her she doesn't need it and wont do any good.

Health visitor came today for first vist and she said yes, offer her it. I didn't even mention it cos of what mw had said yesterday, she just brought it up.

Theres been so much of this, one person saying one thing and another something else, it does my head in at times.

Does anyone else give their bottle fed lo boiled water as a drink? or cure for hiccups or wind or anything?

I give my LO cooled boil water if she's constipated or has a bad belly.. if your BF then they advise not to give water but I'm sure not sure why x

I only gave it if he was constipated or in the summer when it was really hot not very often at all though, they don't really need extra water.

If bf then foremilk is all the hydration they need-i started giving water when we started solids

im doing bf and ff and my midwife sed to give an oz of cooled boiled water as baby has pooped in 4 day, but i didnt and he pooped all by himself.

my lo gets hiccups a lot so im going ask health visitors if there anythin i can do when she comes today but my midwife sed it natural for them to have the hiccups a lot.

I was told not to give LO any water as the breast milk was all the hydration she needed. I'm not sure if this is the same if you formula feed though.

Agree whole heartedly re conflicting advice !!!!!! It had me an insecure nervous wreck for the first couple of weeks!

I give my lo cooled boiled water to help wit her constipation! The hv told me to do it!

I ff and Charlie hadn't poo'd for over 2 days and health visiter said to give him 1oz of cooled boiled water before feed and it really helped

I was told not to give water at all untill weaning (unless its hot weather) as they can get ill from water intoxication but :shrug:

Off to talk to dr google :coffee:

FF is different than BFing. If you are EBF, there is no need for water at all until weaning, even if it's hot or they have the hiccups. Hiccups pass and BF babies do not poo every day usually. HV advised me to give cooled boiled water because Alex was "feeding too much" :roll: Didn't do it. He's just fine :)

well she told me that ff can be quite dry to baby so thats why, she lso said it could help hiccups.

I hate it when they dont all sing off the same hymn sheet though I understand that we and our lo's are all different and do things differently but for the health authorities to be giving conflicting advice is really frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->