make your own pouch sling

sma1588

mommy 2 kaydence
Reaction score
i was on ebay and came accross slings for babies i thought how hard could that be to make your own?
so i went and googled it and this came up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW9m_8w_btc

it seems very easy and just thought it would help if any ladies wanna carry there new baby in one.....

p.s its step by step

I was also going to make my own! Thank you for this.

I have bought some heavy drill cotton in pastel colours for mine.. and the OH insisted on having a karki print (at least it is not a dark, dark green - a little bit fashionable!)

I will post pictures of the finished articles, when they are complete - to be honest I haven't touched them for quite a few weeks. Not unusual for me; this is always the way when I start a sewing project! - I just end up moving on to the next thing!! I currently covering some wingback chairs for the the new house.

But... as I've had enough of that for a while, and I've been spured on, I'll get finished with the slings.

The best tip I can give for sewing these is to use french seams (don't worry they are not as complicated as they sound) they are much more secure and the raw edges are tightly sown away. There are lots of sites demonstrating these.. just check out on google.

I'm copying an aproximate design of a company called Bubzilla (https://www.bubzilla.com/) I saw these at a baby show, and thought "no way am I go to pay £40-50, I can make one of those!"

xxx

oops - I've just watch the whole thing through.. and she does do french seams!!
xx

tht is fab i think i will have a go dont have a sewing machine though so not sure if it will work but hand stitching?

tht is fab i think i will have a go dont have a sewing machine though so not sure if it will work but hand stitching?

Hand stitching is going to take forever.. but by no means less secure or impossible. Make sure that you double stitch though. What I mean though, is that when you stitch by hand you have a gap left on alternate sides of the fabric. You will need to go back over the gaps, when you have reached the end of your first row, going through the same holes. To make sure that you have enough thread and don't have to re-tie the thread, you should measure out twice the lenght of the fabric you are going to stitch and a little bit extra to allow for the thread to curve through the fabric.
Also remember to use a quality thread.
xxx

You can pick up some decent sewing machines quite cheap. Lidl do one thats £40 I have one (although got it for a fiver in the sale a few years ago) It is wonderful. Sews well. It has a manual tensioner but you get used t that and it has loads of stitches on it.

this one was the best step by step and easiest to make i thought. its long but it does explain alot i will be making my own when i get lucky enough to get prego so everybody wish me luck

p.s i do wanna see them if you make them!!!! i think it would be nice for every body to see the finished products!!!!

I know this is old but that video does she mean 54inchs across or length wise and if its 54 inch length wise how many inchs is it width wise

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->