Making baby food!?

alc316

Early days with love #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I am going to start feeding Belle food this weekend- her 6 month "birthday"! I am just wondering some things!

Any suggestions on what food to start first? What order to introduce foods? Any suggestions on food processors/blenders? Someone recommended the Baby Bullet once, anyone used it?

I know i could look this all up online, but I'd rather get the info straight from other Moms!

Basically any info would help! thanks in advance!

Ive already started weaning lillie..
She's only had baby rice but I've puréed different fruits and mixed them together, she loves it! She also tried a jar.. But she wasn't imPressed so I'm happy to stick to fresh .. I'll be buying one I saw IN tesco I think it's lindam? Not sure Hun. I'm new to the weaning so I can't suggest much lol xx

There are recipe books online, I've used annabel karmel books which does stage by state weaning with lots of different recipes. Since I've gone back to worn I've found I done often have time to make them but now he's been weaned fora while I tend to just purée some of what we are eating, if it's something like shepherds pie, fish pie, roast dinner etc. I just have a cheap hand blender, it does the job!

There are recipe books online, I've used annabel karmel books which does stage by state weaning with lots of different recipes. Since I've gone back to worn I've found I done often have time to make them but now he's been weaned fora while I tend to just purée some of what we are eating, if it's something like shepherds pie, fish pie, roast dinner etc. I just have a cheap hand blender, it does the job!

I've heard different things on what to start first. Many people try not to start with fruits because they might not take to vegetables as much if they get the sweet stuff first (though I'm sure it depends on the kid!)

Many moms I know start with sweet potato or avocado. I'm doing baby-led-weaning so its a bit different.

Oh, and you can of course start with rice cereal, though many say its not necessary.

Hi, I was going to start at 6 months so I bought a beaba babycook, £72 from mamas and papas at minute, but then I had my 4 month review and my health visitor said cos I'm starting at 6 months just let her eat what we eat, obviously watching the salt intake, so adapting my cooking where possible and if not giving very small portions of it and bulk up with other stuff. Our eating habits aren't good though as we both worked long hours and got into a habit of convenience food and take aways. I think I'm going to invest in a slow cooker. I've taken the beaba back but it looked good, steams and purees in one.

I started with baby rice.
Then carrot.
Parsnip.
Sweet Potato.
As they are all vegetables with a sweetish taste.
And then some fruits like mango. And started from there.
I didn't do any baby recipes just mixed and matched flavours and then moved onto giving him bits of our dinner if suitable. And if not suitable I'll admit to giving him jars.

As she is 6 months old, you could start Baby Led Weaning, which means giving your baby solid food rather than purees... look it up, its fantastic :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->