Making Extra Money for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

toptrump

Reaction score
There was a discussion yesterday regarding making some extra pennies for Christmas, some are obvious others not so obvious. Thought I would do a list for everyone so that they can get on it, still loads of time for some extra bits to be made. Everyone please add anything you can think of that I have not included.

Car boot sales
The weather is still good enough so clear out your lofts and cupboard of the real junk which will not sell on Ebay (either being too big, wont make enough and not good enough quality)

Ebay
Again another really obvious one. For the beter items (I believe it is Bank Holiday bonanza this weekend, which will probably mean free listing for the next three days)!

Facebook selling pages
I find that these sites dont bring in as much as Ebay would, but if you have got any unwanted furniture or larger items they sell well as local pick up. This is cold hard cash delivered to your door. Good way of clearing the garage of junk!

Morrisons Miles
If you buy your fuel from any garage, worth applying for one of these, once the card is filled you are given a £5 gift card for Morrisons and there is no expiry date on them (perfect to collect a cheeky box of chocolates or promotional bottle of spirits)

Nectar Points Card
Again, you may not shop in Sainsburys all the time BUT you can collect Nectar points by shopping at Debenhams and other stores online too! (See website for full list). You can collect them at a Petrol Station for fuel too think it is Shell.

Also just added, through your Nectar card, join Nectar Adpoints. You get 250 points (£1.25) for joining and then watch the videos, click into the sites and answer questions posed, this is a bit tedious but most of the vids are film trailers so not too boring, points soon add up (approx 2-3p for every vid watched). Points are then transferred over to your Nectar card every Sunday. Every little helps (Sainsburys also have good toy sales before Christmas or can be used to buy your Christmas dinner)!

Tesco Clubcard

Again another obvious choice, but dont forget the double up events and also around Christmas watch out for the promotional offers online. Around the end of November the Goldsmiths vouchers normally go 4 x the value. Meaning £20 of vouchers equates to £80 to spend in Goldsmiths on jewellery! (You also can use these as part payment for an item ie if you saw a watch for hubby that was £100, you would only need to pay £20 for it)!

Boots Card

Another obvious one, but remember to keep checking your emails and post, Boots tend to send out promotional points offers this time of year. Plus they do 10 points per £1 spent and also event nights where you get 1000 points (£10) for each £50 spent (but if you are spending £100 dont forget to split it into 2 transactions so you get 2000 points!

Survery Sites

These can be hard work, but if you have got some spare time in the evenings can be worth it (ps quite a few of the surveys need flash so if you use an ipad you may find that you cannot access them all). The best sites I have found are as follows:-

Valued opinions
Opinion Outpost
Crowdology
Toluna
One Poll
My Survey

Some pay out in cash through your paypal, others pay out in either electronic vouchers, paper vouchers or Amazon codes. You can end up being sent some nice items to try (I have had toothpaste, creams, nail varnish, crisps, flower seeds, allsorts in the past).

Please if anyone else can think of any sites which I have missed that they have found to be worthwhile, please add.

(If you are joining some surveys sites, trying and do it through your Topcashback account (go to free offers) a lot of them pay you cash into your Topcashback account for opening them through their so you get paid twice!

Topcashback and Quidco

These are sites which literally pay you to shop. If you are going to buy something online, ie Disney Store, instead of going through google, go into your Topcashback or Quidco account and type in the retailer. You will then be told how much percentage the company is willing to pay you on your purchases (this can range anywhere between 1% and about 15% depending on the retailer). Click through to the site you want and it will be recorded. Buy as normal and that is it, the information is then sent to TCB or Quidco of the amount you have spent and the percentage you have earned for nothing! There is a delay for the money to become payable but each retailer will tell you the approx length and I have found most are usually payable within 6-8 weeks some slightly longer (I have made £135 for nothing this year alone)!

When you come to retrieve your earnings you can either choose cash payment straight into your bank account, or they will turn it into Amazon vouchers for you ie if you choose cash you get the exact amount but if you choose Amazon they increase the value (not sure by how much).

If there is anyone who has not joined yet, please add yourselves to this thread. If I introduce a friend by sending them an email as soon as they start buying I earn £10 commission. There is probably quite a few of us on here that do not have one of these accounts yet, I would take one and then someone else on here could get the next one signed up, so there is ways for quite a few of us on here to make an extra tenner :flower:

Amazon

We all appear to be massive book fans and I have found selling old books to make quite a few pennies, the money is paid directly into your bank account after it is received, again every little helps!

Craft fairs

There appears to be quite a few of you who are really talented in this area, why not contact some of your local church halls and the likes to see if they are going to be having any little fairs for Christmas, probably would not cost a lot for a stall but a good way of selling your wears. Also try your local schools as some Christmas fayes let you have a stall for a fee and you keep the money you make same as a craft fayre. Also try advertising them on Folksy, not all of us are that crafty so are willing to pay for something homemade!

Well thats the lot cannot think of anything else. We should keep this thread alive and keep each of us informed of our progress :happydance:

Brilliant thread Hun!

How does morrisons miles work? Do you have to get petrol from morrisons?

Xx

yes it is just like a Tesco card, put your fuel in at a Morrisons garage (if you have one) and they add the points up and when full they give you at the till a gift voucher for £5 (it is a proper gift voucher too)

great post

petrol station for nectar points is BP

:flower:

Awwww we don't have a Morrisons garage, never mind

How do Surveys work? I have seen them mentioned before in the general section. Do people make much money doing them? X

You complete your details when you first set up an account and they send you emails offering you surveys and and also check their sites regularly for new ones in case an email is not sent. You start the survey and sometimes you do get thrown out as you are not suitable but when you complete the points for that survey or cash amounts are added to your account and then when you hit the threshhold needed you can pay out in whatever way that site does. Some pay out cash or Amazon as low as £2.50 others you need quite a bit to get a voucher or cash amount :flower:

How do Surveys work? I have seen them mentioned before in the general section. Do people make much money doing them? X

you don't make a killing but the odd £10 voucher
here and there certainly helps if you've got the time
to do them, i find adpoints pays out the most, can roughly
get £5 a month from them so it builds up nicely and
comes in handy when sainsburys do sales

:thumbup:

although that being said i'm 50p away from
£10 on valued opinions and i've only been a member
for a few months, so that pays out well too

:thumbup:

the slowest is my survey, takes ages to build up
points and ages to pay out too, i got bored of them
after a while, think in the last 18 months i've got about
£12 from them lol

:sleep:

I get so bored in the evenings once the kids are asleep. I think this will become my new Hobby lol thanks x

I get so bored in the evenings once the kids are asleep. I think this will become my new Hobby lol thanks x

I do a lot of surveys etc as well and I will warn you sometimes it can get a bit tedious. I've been doing mine this afternoon and yesterday and some of the surveys really seem to go on and on and on taking 25-35mins but saying that I've got 300 nectar points on top of my 118 from nectar adpoints and 100 from the search bar. :happydance:

I signed up for a few survey sites yesterday. My fav so far is valued opinions. They email you surveys and I've already got £1.25 and missed out on one they emailed me about as enough had already done it. X

Eta the only thing is they won't work on my phone so have to wait until I can get on laptop in the evening x

I tried to join valued opinions but the site just crashes.
I've joined onepoll. I wish there was like more that 6 paid surveys i could do a day. I'm quite addicted! X

I'm doing surveys on Opinion world and in 3-4 days I am on £3.50! Should be £4, but one of the surveys didn't register I had done it because I refreshed the page! But still, every little helps! x

Yep opinion world is my best one. In 3 weeks I've got £20 love to shop vouchers and I'm on £3.75 again now. Saving up for the train table with these vouchers :thumbup:

Some of them are ok, I don't mind if its a beauty product or something to do with children. But the technology ones and food ones when they ask the same question :sleep:

That's why I like one poll because they're short. Just take longer to pay out. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"