Making room for baby!

Hollynesss

Mommy!
Reaction score
Since I started grad school and work has been horrendous lately, my broodiness has definitely been toned down a lot and taken a backseat lately.

However, we are going apartment/condo hunting today for a 2 bedroom place to make room for a nursery :happydance:

This has rekindled the broodiness a bit, and I just wanted to share my excitement :D

Bring on December!!! :xmas8:

Oooh exciting!
Just noticed you live in Florida, soooo lucky! When I'm not counting down to TTC I'm counting down to my April orlando holiday!

I do quite love it here!! I admit I am currently jealous of the fall weather that my friends up north are starting to have, but that jealousy will go away once November hits and its still in the 80s here! Autumn was my favorite part of living up north <3

Also, I am ashamed to say that I have lived in Florida for 4 years and have not yet been to Disney! I have been to pretty much every park except, but I am planning on going for my 30th birthday! :D

wow cant believe you live in the same state as it and you havent been! its amazing! when is your 30th?

I know, shameful! To be fair, its really expensive, even for Florida Resident tickets. I will be turning 30 in 3 months! (Crazy how time flies!)

what a great way to celebrate your birthday though! and at least your getting a trip in before you need to use the baby swap ;)

Putting together a nursery is so exciting! I wish I had been more 'pushy' on building up my LO's own room, but we co-sleep so husband doesn't see the use. Good luck! Let the nesting begin!

ohh, I'm jealous! Our new place is quite small, so our baby room will have to hold other random furnishings from our house as well as LO! Fortunately this place is temporary, but I do feel a little gypped out of designing a really cute nursery! By the time we move, LO will probably be be a toddler!

Looking forward to seeing you over in ttc! =)

Yay!! Exciting, happy for you! You must go to Disney, it's a pre-requisite ;)

We just started cleaning out our spare bedroom of all of our office type furniture so we can convert it to a nursery when the time comes...exciting!

Also, we'll be in Orlando in a couple weeks for a work thing for DH, then Disney! I've haven't been since I was a kid, so I'm pretty excited!

We found two GEORGEOUS apartments yesterday! We have two months until our lease is up to decide between the two, but either would be fantastic to start our little family <3 This will be our last apartment before buying a house, so it feels good to choose a nice place to end our time as renters :) I am so proud of my husband, when the rental lady asked what we planned on doing with the second bedroom he was the one who said 'we're going to start having kids!' That is a huge step for him :)

I am very excited for Disney! It was the first thing that came to mind when DH asked me what I wanted to do for my 30th :D

Yay! Glad you found 2 great places. Very exciting! Are you leaning towards one or the other?

I do like one more than the other, but our issue lies with the timing. One is a brand new complex that is still being built, and we would be the first to live in the apartment (huge bonus!) and this one is reserved 60 days out, so we would need to reserve an apartment like right now.

However, I like the other one a little better, but that one can only be reserved 30 days out. Right now their prices are right at our maximum (but SO worth it, TONS Of amenities and an actual in-apartment laundry room!). We are worried if we pass on the brand new place and hold out for the other one, that their prices may have gone up and would be out of our budget, and that the other place may no longer have any of our floor plan available since they are reserved so far out :/

Its a good problem to have, but we are hoping that if we reserve the brand new one that we could get our deposit back if we change our minds far enough in advance :)

Hope it works out so you can get your deposit back. That would be awesome! I'm thinking with a future LO, you might really appreciate the in-apartment laundry, too. =D

How exciting!! It's so much fun to plan for a nursery, isn't it? I don't know if you do this too, but I've gone through the Baby's R Us nursery sets about a million times to find perfect girl/boy/neutral bedding sets (depending on my mood!) and then go through looking for wall decor and such that will match.

And I can't believe you haven't been to Disney! I hadn't been since I was a kid, but DH and I went for a day a couple summers ago while we were down visiting his family. So much fun! If you don't mind me asking, where about in FL are you? Feel free to be vague or not answer, I'm just curious if it's a 10 mins down the road thing, or 6 hr drive from the pan handle that you'd have to actually plan out and make arrangements for!

How exciting!! It's so much fun to plan for a nursery, isn't it? I don't know if you do this too, but I've gone through the Baby's R Us nursery sets about a million times to find perfect girl/boy/neutral bedding sets (depending on my mood!) and then go through looking for wall decor and such that will match.

And I can't believe you haven't been to Disney! I hadn't been since I was a kid, but DH and I went for a day a couple summers ago while we were down visiting his family. So much fun! If you don't mind me asking, where about in FL are you? Feel free to be vague or not answer, I'm just curious if it's a 10 mins down the road thing, or 6 hr drive from the pan handle that you'd have to actually plan out and make arrangements for!

Haha, I have done this, too!! There are SO many cute bedding sets out there :) I currently have my heart set on an aquatic theme, which would be good for a girl or a boy!

I live about an hour and and 45 minutes northeast of Orlando, so a day trip is no biggie for us. I have been to Universal, Sea World, and Busch Gardens down in Tampa, but Disney just hasn't worked out yet. For the first few years I lived here they offered $99 Florida Resident tickets, but they were only good during they week January-April, so since we were both in college still it just never worked out. Now, however, the Florida resident tickets are more expensive, but they are good year round. We'll get there soon! Haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->