Male infertility issues - how can I help?

missk1989

Reaction score
My DH has low sperm count AND mobility. I do not want to upset him further by talking about it loads but ttc is driving me mad.
Is there anything we can do or take to increase our chance? I feel like we used up all our luck with DS after being told we couldn't conceive.

Other than no drinking/smoking what can we do?

Thanks

Has he gotten checked by a urologist? A lot of times, those issues are caused by something, like a varicocele, whih is pretty common and treatable. My DH just had surgery to correct his varicocele and his Dr. gave him and 80% chance of his low count, morph and motility to be fixed in the next 6-9 months.

My husband also has a low count and low motility, we have tried vitamins & medication from our consultant but neither of those things have increased his levels.

We have been told that we should look into IVF as the likelihood of us conceiving naturally would be low.

x

Same problem here- low count and morphology and we've basically been told IVF is our only option. OH had a repeat SA last week and we are waiting on the results.

He has been doing some things to help in the mean time to boost count - vitamins (ones including maca) and also trying to keep them cool, so dunking them in a bowl of water!!! We have also been trying these cooling patches as he has a long drive to and from work each day so he wears them in the car.

But we haven't had the results of the repeat SA yet so we don't know if any of this has actually made a difference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->