male sperm analysis

alicea

PCOS
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on what my partners test results mean please. Hope this is the right place to ask.

Motility 41%
Progressively motile 30%
Morphology 92% abnormal
Antispasmodic antibodies 1% binding
Aggregation and Agglutination 15%

My partner went alone to get the results as I was working so i wasnt able to ask myself

Thanks for taking the time to read xxxxx

Hello they look fine to me although I'm not sure what the last 2 mean
Do you have the total concentration number too?

Sperm samples can change quite a bit too, my dh had about 6 although, the lowest been 13mil/ml and the highest 84mil/ml
On the day of our ivf he had the best count in all areas which is when it mattered most luckily!

The motility and morphology on those look fine though as my dh had some motility around that and they said it was fine xx

From what I know about sperm ( been trying for 6 years with MFI) the percentages look low ,sperm motility and morphology could be higher co q10 can help with that along with a daily multivitamin if he is not taking them already. but they should have given you the semen volume number normal is 2-5 mil. and the sperm count per mil and total count I would call the clinic and ask for the rest of the results.

I'm not an expert but they look a little on the low side to me too.

I can't remember all of my DH's numbers but I'll try to dig the results out. His results came back normal (on the higher side) and I'm pretty sure his motility was around 70% and morphology was around 37% abnormal. I'm pretty sure average motility is around 50%.

I'd give the clinic a call to get a full rundown of results.

I cant properly say without the total concentration # but it is looking a little on the lower side. My dhs morphology was in the 30% abnormal range and our RE said that he wasn't worried about that, that itd become a concern if morphology was more then 50% abnormal. Id def call and ask the clinic about it.

How many days did he refrain from ejaculation before the SA? My RE had us not BD or any sort of ejaculation for DH for 3-5 days before the SA, otherwise it can mess with results.

also, I have heard many women say their husbands took fertilaid for Men and it helped their count considerably. And cooler showers (or not really hot showers anyway) can help keep his SA up, also. I wish you and your DH the best of luck!

To me, his SA results don't seem horrible, its just on the lower side and there's many things he can do/take to help. GL!

Thank you for all ur advice, if I can work out how to upload a picture I will take a photo of the report xx

Sounds good. Does it say how many swimmers per ejaculation total? Like my DH had a count of 102million. Does your paperwork say a big # like that anywhere? The percentages would make alot more sense with the overall number to base it off of, do u know what I mean? I know it's all a bit confusing at first. Either way, I hope everything works out great!

Are you guys TTC naturally or are you trying assisted reproduction of some sort? If you don't want to answer, thats ok. I'm just curious! Lots of baby dust to u! :dust:

We have been off contraceptive for the last 3 years and have now been referred to a fertility centre.Have our first consultation this month. I have had my day 2 and day 21 bloods and they came back as having low progesterone so they think I'm not ovulating. Trouble is my cycles are all over the place they can range from 28-75 days so is difficult to get an accurate result. Hoping they will do scan to check which will be more accurate.

Volume 1.0ml
Sperm concentration is 100million per ml

Thanks for all ur advice and for taking the time to reply xxx

100mil isn't a bad number :). Having that many swimmers makes up for the abnormal ones.

And I hope you guys are able to make a good plan with your RE. Considering how long you said your cycles can be & how much they vary in length from cycle to cycle, I also believe you may not be ovulating. They may have you try clomid or metiformin. Those are the two most popular meds that I hear of to help women ovulate. I have quite a few friends that are pregnant from a clomid cycle. Its good stuff! ;) Hopefully you'll be popping out that golden egg in no time & alls it takes is one strong swimmer to make it work after that. FX for you!

After you see your RE, if you don't mind coming back and updating, id love to hear what your next step is. Good luck!! :)

Aidansmommy1- my Gp mentioned that they might put me on cloned or metformin. Just want my appointment with the fertility clinic to hurry up so I know what my options are. Will keep u updated xx

His Princess -I have been tested for Pcos but they said I don't have it. I was sure I did as I am very irregular, bleed heavily, very hairy etc. I had a blood test and a transvaginal ultrasound and it came back as a negative result.

I cant Wait to hear what your next step is. When is your appt with the fertility clinic? Hopefully they dont keep you waiting too long! Lots of sticky dust your way! :dust:

I'm excited but nervous too! I've read alot that having low progesterone can increase the chances of miscarriage so that is something I want to ask at my appointment .The appointment is on the 25th June so not too long! I will be on annual leave (vacation ) around then so hopefully will be relaxed.

Xxx

Sounds like perfect timing! I had my stem meds for IVF during my sons school vaca and that worked PERFECT!

And try not to worry too much about the progesterone, as the docs can give you suppositorys if needed. I'm on them for the first 8-10wks of pregnancy, since I did IVF and all. Def mention it to ur doc tho and once you start your meds, have them do the day 21 test and even if that looks good, after ur BFP, id have them check again just to be on the safe side. Progesterone is def an easy fix tho! ;) Def keep me posted! Can't wait to hear more! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->