Male VERY high FSH - help

Minefield

Reaction score
My OH has a FSH level of 24
Does anyone have experience of this? Any treatments or SSR available?
A centre has just phoned me back to say they wouldn't even try SSR on him.
He really wants to avoid donor sperm obviously, but I don't know any other or haven't been told any other options...
Any help would be great ❤️ best wishes

Hi! I know you referenced your husband's FSH but do you have any other information about what may be going on? Has he had a semen analysis and were there any sperm present? I believe my husband's FSH was 21, and elevated levels mean that their bodies are trying to produce sperm but, for some reason, sperm production is hindered. He had a testicular biopsy done during his surgery to repair bilateral varicocele (which were diagnosed via ultrasound) and unfortunately, no sperm were found in the biopsy but the portion sent off for a diagnosis revealed why that was the case - he has Sertoli Cell Only Syndrome. It's genetic and there really isn't anything that can be done about it in our particular case, but there are some doctors in Japan and Turkey who are doing experimental treatment. We didn't have the resources to pursue that and did end up using a donor.

Hi! I know you referenced your husband's FSH but do you have any other information about what may be going on? Has he had a semen analysis and were there any sperm present? I believe my husband's FSH was 21, and elevated levels mean that their bodies are trying to produce sperm but, for some reason, sperm production is hindered. He had a testicular biopsy done during his surgery to repair bilateral varicocele (which were diagnosed via ultrasound) and unfortunately, no sperm were found in the biopsy but the portion sent off for a diagnosis revealed why that was the case - he has Sertoli Cell Only Syndrome. It's genetic and there really isn't anything that can be done about it in our particular case, but there are some doctors in Japan and Turkey who are doing experimental treatment. We didn't have the resources to pursue that and did end up using a donor.

Thank you for your reply. Both semen analysis came back with no sperm. No further information yet, just waiting on the CF gene test to come back.
Did your partner have any symptoms of the varicocele or SCOS other than infertility?
Thank you again, I'm new here but going to read your journey now x

Thank you for your reply. Both semen analysis came back with no sperm. No further information yet, just waiting on the CF gene test to come back.
Did your partner have any symptoms of the varicocele or SCOS other than infertility?
Thank you again, I'm new here but going to read your journey now x

Well I do hope that they do additional testing to get a better idea of what's causing the azoospermia, as there are different kinds. My husband had no symptoms at all, which made his diagnoses very shocking.

I am sorry, I am not an expert at all, but have you considered undergoing IVF with PGS NGS? From what I have read, it's also recommended in case of male factor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->