MAM anti-colic bottles, good and bad reviews please??

WishfulX1

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I don't know why but I seem to think this baby is going to suffer with wind! My sisters second babies did as did cousins and I know that means nothing I just would rather buy anti colic bottles from the start than spend money on bottles and have to buy new ones!

I've been looking at the mam anti colic bottles but seem to see a lot if reviews on them leaking! I'm looking for some honest opinions before I go but them.

Thankyou :) x

Hi ladies, I don't know why but I seem to think this baby is going to suffer with wind! My sisters second babies did as did cousins and I know that means nothing I just would rather buy anti colic bottles from the start than spend money on bottles and have to buy new ones!

I've been looking at the mam anti colic bottles but seem to see a lot if reviews on them leaking! I'm looking for some honest opinions before I go but them.

Thankyou :) x

I have them and think they're great!! Being able to sterilise them when visiting friends and family without any extra equipment is amazing. My baby has never had trapped wind with MAM bottles.

On the bad side, they can leak a little but only when they're very full, so once you've started giving baby 5oz I'd switch to the bigger size bottles. They don't leak from the holes in the base, but from the screw bit at the bottom, and sometimes from the top. The top only leaks when you've mixed formula and unscrewed the top to add something (gaviscon in my case) as the formula gets into the spirally bit and then leaks out a bit if that makes sense???

All of the best bottles have their downsides as they tend to be more complicated (MAM have 6 parts per bottle!), I think Dr Browns are supposed to be really good too but they have lots of fiddly bits in the teat to clean out. I'd get a couple of each and test them out with the baby as you don't know what will suit your LO.

We've tried dr browns and mam bottles, dr browns were so bloody fiddly we gave up on those and stayed with the mams.

Ours have only leaked once when the bit inside the bottom wasn't in properly. Otherwise we haven't had any issues and we plan on using them for any future LO's as they are fab for colic!

We have used mams for 9m and no complaints here

they did leak a few times in the beginning but thats only if you dont put them together properly x

Thanks ladies, well no going back now I got a bargain on eBay! Brand new starter set £15! That's for 3 small bottles, 3 medium and 6 big bodies (use the other bottles tops and bottoms) brush, and dummy! Can't complain for £15! Tesco also had the teats on sale for £1! Grabbed a few in various sizes! Excited for them to come
Now :) x

we've only got mams. we've been using them since changing from bf (issues with both me and ds) and agree the only issues are due to the bottom section not being completely dry when making up the bottle. easy to remedy though, thoroughly dry on kitchen paper prior to making empty bottle. we love them.

I changed to the MAM bottles a few months ago after suffering with the philips avent ones for so long! I really wish I'd discovered the MAM ones sooner because they are amazing! No need to take travel sterliser when visiting relatives and most importantly they stopped my boy from having trapped wind at every feed so smiles around with these bottles!! :D
xx

i have also been doing a bit of research into what bottles to get for #2. i fancied getting the MAMs for a while but have been put off a little by a lot of complaints about them leaking.

Toys R us have an offer on just now: £20 for the starter kit. i know i'd probably need a few more little bottles though... just passing thoughts just now anyway :)

i have also been doing a bit of research into what bottles to get for #2. i fancied getting the MAMs for a while but have been put off a little by a lot of complaints about them leaking.

Toys R us have an offer on just now: £20 for the starter kit. i know i'd probably need a few more little bottles though... just passing thoughts just now anyway :)

mine have only ever leaked once or twice and that was due to the bottles being slightly wet after coming out the steriliser

£20 is a good price! I paid £28 for the starter kit from boots and then bought some more bigger bottles from mothercare when they were on offer at £10 for 3 bottles :flower:

i've used MAM from birth with lola and they're excellent! i love not having to have a big steriliser on the side too.

I started off using the MAM anti-colic bottles with DD2 but was always really worried that water would seep in throught the bottom, when cooling in a jug of water or heating in the bottom warmer. What are other ladies experiences with cooling and heating them, did water seep in? xx

Let me just say that after trying 4 different brands, these by far have been the best! I haven't had to give LO any gas drops since switching to these and that's a huge improvement considering he was getting them after almost every feeding. Even my husband has been able to tell a difference! I also absolutely love how they self-sterilize in the microwave! I highly recommend MAM!!

I liked them, the only thing that annoyed me was how they had to be separated piece by piece to sterilise in the microwave. At least with Tommie Tippee you just chuck them in the machine!

Edit - sorry! I didn’t realise the poster above me revived this thread.

I use mam bottles for my little girl and love them. I mean she’ll take milk from anything it’s in as long as it’s milk lol but the mam ones are a really good shape and I find with my daughter she latches on a lot better to those bottles than the Tommee Tippee or the Chico ones i have. She’s never suffered with colic so I don’t know anything about that but sometimes I find if you try and prevent something it can do more harm than good sometimes. Depends on the baby really. That’s just my personal experience x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->