Mama & Papa Bear said 'I do' on 12/13/14!!!

LillyTame

Mom of 2 boys
Reaction score
Updated: We decided on the date of 12/13/14. A Saturday morning, beach wedding with approx. 50 guests.

Aloha Ladies! :wave:

I can't believe I am finally here! My OH finally asked me to marry him! :happydance:

Well, I guess I can't really say "finally" because we have only been together for about 18months :blush: But from day one it has just felt right and we knew this day was coming! :thumbup:

We met online in March of 2012 and moved in together in May. We've been inseparable ever since :cloud9: A little about us: We are both 33, he is from Oregon and I am from Cali. This will be my 1st marriage, his second. He was only married a few months and then she cheated :growlmad: Her loss! Because OH is an awesome man and I can't imagine being happier! In fact this is my only relationship where I KNEW I wanted to be married! :wedding:

So! OH asked on my B-day (Aug 31st) while we were snorkeling. https://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport038.gif Although I was hoping he would ask that day I wasn't sure if he would or the when, where, or how so it turned out to be a nice surprise because I was not thinking about it at all when he asked.

Even though we have talked about our future wedding for months and months and I have a general idea (and some specific ones :winkwink:) of what I (we) want, it's finally time to start putting plans into action! :thumbup:

Please join me ladies with lots of advice, encouragement and support! I know you ladies of BnB are super awesome! :hugs:

P.S. We started TTC in Jan 2013. After 7 cycles we have had no luck :nope: TTC will go to the back burner (basically NTNP) until after the wedding. If you want to join me on that journey please check out my siggy for the link!

So here are a few pics of the location:

We decided to do less days staying in the beach house and cottage because they really aren't all that great on the inside. But I love the overall location for the ceremony and reception :thumbup:

OK, the 1st one I'm very likely to go with but I'm going to look for something just a step up. The 2nd one is too fancy but I still kind of like it

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0157/3818/products/hawaiianweddingdress_pele_ulu.jpg?v=1374368314

https://dresseslux.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/ivory-beach-wedding-dresses-768x1024.jpg

I like the tops of these dresses

https://www.bestbride101.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/feature4-300x221.jpg

https://davidtuteraformoncheri.com/wp-content/uploads/dt1b.jpg

Here are some pics we took for our engagement photos and then the save the date :thumbup:

It's all about location, location, location...right? :thumbup:

We had our 1st date on 03/19/12 and OH took me to a black sand beach about 2hrs away. One day while looking at the picture we took on that day it hit me that that was where we were going to get married! I even cried! It just felt so right!! :cloud9:

I don't want to post the name of the beach because I don't want it to come up in any searches. Anyway, yesterday I made the 1st step to actually planning our wedding...I contacted the property manager/owner of the little beach house and cottage on the beach where I hope to stay and hold the wedding! We are scheduled to go visit the property Sunday! :happydance:

A friend of mine is going to go with us...we will be able to get a better idea of who can sleep where and how many people we can invite to stay overnight as well as how we could decorate. We will also be taking some pictures that I hope to use on the invites.

After this visit we will narrow our guest numbers down and put down a deposit on the location! My vision is to stay in the cottage with my aunt, his mom and my grandmother. Kind of a bonding experience. And also so OH doesn't see me getting ready the day of the wedding! 8 other family members (at least) can stay in the main house.

Well, I think that's all for now. I will post some pictures from our Sunday trip. :thumbup:

Stalking! Twag beat me from being the 1st!

Snorkeling smiley?!?!!! <3

Oh. Yes. I'm also here to stalk...

Snorkeling smiley?!?!!! <3

Oh. Yes. I'm also here to stalk...

I know right!!! I think I stole the link from one of Ameli's posts...I'll send it to you! :thumbup: And try to figure out who I got it from to give credit where it's due.

EDIT: Yep Ameli posted something in Mrs. JJ's journal. You can probably just click on it and the site will come up, like I did. If not let me know and I will send the link!

I am here too!!!! I love weddings!!

Ooh yay, I love weddings! Stalking! X

Stalking! I didn't even know there was a place for Wedding Journals!

Yay for a wedding journal. :)

The location is so sweet! I'm so excited for you!

Welcome ladies! Thank you all so much! I've very excited!

Bought OH a new shirt to wear to the beach tomorrow...now I'm looking for something for myself...UGH, hate shopping! These are definitely going to be "before" pics because I am praying I stay motivated and I don't have to be a fat bride! I guess I should say that with more of an affirmation but I don't want to have to eat my words later :dohh: After all I've tried to lose weight for years and have been unsuccessful for the most part (minus bootcamp and one time when I lost 30 on my own).

Yea, watch out ladies, this might turn into a weight loss journal too! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"