Mamas or soon to be mamas who are morbidly obese, lets be buddies!

hello_kitty

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I decided to start this thread for all the ladies who like me, are morbidly obese and are working hard to lose weight. We can become each other's supporters and include weekly updates of the pounds/inches we lose each week. If you like, you can also attach your current picture and update new pics whenever you like. Here is a little background of myself:

I am 23 years old and have a 9 month old baby boy. I was stick thin as a child and started gaining weight when I was around 16. It started slow but ballooned when I was 17. My weight gain is due to poor eating habits after my dad passed away. Currently I am 221.8 lbs and ideally I would like to lose between 102-107 lbs. Today will be the first day of my journey! I might possibly update my current pic tomorrow if I have any followers. Looking forward to gaining some buddies!

today's weight (8/05/13) 221.8

next weigh in 8/12/13

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w9jMATs/weight.png

Hi Hun

I have a 17 month old and currently weigh 189lbs. Prior to this I was 220lbs but lost weight during my pregnancy due to really nasty morning sickness (the baby was 8lbs lol)

I really want to get to 130/140lbs asap and lost 10lbs at Slimming World earlier this year.

I intend to really commit to this from Monday (once I've stopped working from home). My aim is to do the 10 minute belly fat blaster DVD every morning combined with returning to the slimming world diet. I'm lucky that I lose well when I commit to putting the work in. The sad thing is I lack wilpower and give up quickly.

Having a diet buddy would be great :happydance:

Good Luck x

Hi Hun

I have a 17 month old and currently weigh 189lbs. Prior to this I was 220lbs but lost weight during my pregnancy due to really nasty morning sickness (the baby was 8lbs lol)

I really want to get to 130/140lbs asap and lost 10lbs at Slimming World earlier this year.

I intend to really commit to this from Monday (once I've stopped working from home). My aim is to do the 10 minute belly fat blaster DVD every morning combined with returning to the slimming world diet. I'm lucky that I lose well when I commit to putting the work in. The sad thing is I lack wilpower and give up quickly.

Having a diet buddy would be great :happydance:

Good Luck x

Weenie19, I'm glad you have found this thread! Its nice to have buddy so we can support each other. Currently I am working from home for 4 hours every day and I am done by 12 noon. Its not a big deal really. I have a pretty easy going baby who gives me plenty time to do what I want, yet...I still lack the willpower! He is taking his nap right now and I should be doing something, such as playing the dancing game on kinect...yet I am getting ready to play bingo on my tablet. I am really, really overweight and the weight does come off for me if I put work into it...but gotta admit I am too lazy! Good job on losing that weight though!

Hi ladies mind if I join you?
Im mum to a 2 year old lil man and 9 week old twin boys. Im currently 2 stone up on my pre-twin-pregnancy weight. Being a stay at home mum with these 3 means I dont have time to pick or prepaprehealthy meals and snacks and find myself going to the cupboard and grabbing a bag of crisps or sticking a bit of cheese between 2 slices of bread whenever I can. Then dh comes home and cooks enough food for 4 but we eat it anyway. Our portion control is ridiculous.
The final straw came today when dh, without realising, said something about the "fat girl sizes" while we were shopping before realising he was referring to clothes that are sometimes snug on me.

Everyone keeps telling me its ok because I just had 2 babies but enough is enough. I need a kick up the backsise, not people trying to be nice.

im 29. 5ft 4" and somewhere in the region of 245 to 250lbs. I'll do a weigh in and maybe measure inches tomorrow morning before ive eaten.
Im aiming to lose 2st by Christmas. 100lb+ in total.

Im not sure how/when I will get time to exercise but I can at least start with healthier eating.

Good luck girls. .. lets do this!

Welcome cottlestonPie!

Wow 3 babies under 2, it must be crazy! I have no problem cooking my own meals, and usually they are healthier than fast foods and restaurants but I have a major problem with portion control. No matter how lean the food is if you eat too much it's gonna add up. Next weigh in will be in 3 days for me. Last time I took measurements of my waist, it was 47.5 inches.

Hello ladies. May I join?

My name is Laura. I have two boys my oldest will be 3 at the end of next month (can't believe that!) and I have a 7 month old.
I'm 31 years old, 5'8 and currently weight 272lbs.

I have been heavy since I was a kid and have very bad habits I'm trying to break. When I was younger my mom fried every food and in the mornings on our way to school instead of a normal breakfast she would just grab me a bag of chips and a soda so that's how I ate and continued to eat as I got older. I also eat emotionally so having to really work at changing things.

I started walking/jogging (jogging in spurts as much as I can do at the moment) about 2 weeks ago. I have missed 2 days out of the past 2 weeks but other then that I have walked at least a mile everyday (sometimes I do this twice a day). I'm just really hoping to add in new exercises and work my way up to jogging that whole mile then maybe 2 miles!

I started at 275 2 weeks ago and progress is slow but today I weighs in at 272. I don't have a goal yet except to hopefully stay motivated until I am healthy.

Nice to have you join us Laura! At least you are motivated enough to do some activity. Ever since being pregnant, I have been very lazy and have led a sedentary life...well except for doing chores around the house.

So tonight I brought my younger siblings to apple bee's but I didnt eat much...which means I am hungry NOW..at midnight! I gotta eat though otherwise I wouldnt be able to sleep tonight. My siblings have been here the whole day and got me too occupied to eat.

Motivation is a big problem for me. I have to argue with myself everyday and thankfully so far the get up and move part has won.

Unlike you, the lazy monster inside me always win the battle. It has got to change! I really want to go to the gym but the membership is too expensive...Oh well, gotta go grocery shopping now. Will update my weight tomorrow, which I am positively sure has gone up.

I would love to goto the gym too but yeah way too expensive and with 2 kids its even harder. We got a jogging stroller which has helped me as I can put the boys in there and go, my almost 3 year old goes along with the stroller because we take a break at the park to play before coming home lol.

I'll do a weigh in tomorrow too and I'm sure mine has gone up too as I ate pretty bad today and yesterday.

Alright so I forgot to weight in today and I like to weigh in at the same time of day so will wait until tomorrow now. How about you ladies, any weight ins?

I did my first weigh in yesterday at 244lbs.

Currently trying to find low calorie snacks for between meals. Apples are fine but I get bored! I have low fat hummus as a treat with carrot or breadsticks. Also trying to use crackerbread as an alternative to sandwiches as theyre only 19cal each.

Dh has a meeting with his boss this week to find out if he is allowed to work from home 2 days a week. If its granted I'll be swimming 7-8am on those days. Ive yet to work out how else I'll get in much exercise eeek

Swimming is apparently great so hope that works out for you. I love snacking so am looking for snacks too but I never feel satisfied unless its sweet so have been looking up some low calorie muffins and might try making some of those. Good activity for my son too as he loves to help cook (I let him stir lol).

About to do my weigh in so I will update in a bit and thinking of trying the 30 day shred as it seems really popular, anyone have any experience with it?

Alright just weighed in. Still 272. In honestly feeling a bit discouraged, I'm workin like crazy right now waking and jogging and most days lately have done the 1 mile 2 times a day but I'm also watching calories. I have a couple days that weren't great but have mostly stayed at or under 1500 calories and yesterday I was around 1400 and jogged more then I have been able to before and I'm getting no results :-(.
Oh well just gotta try and shake it off and keep going.

Hi ladies,

my husband has been studying for his finals which is tomorrow and I have been super busy taking care of lo and trying to keep him out of my dh's workplace. He's finally asleep now, so I have some spare time to come on here and see how everyone is doing. I got a chance to weigh myself this morning and I was 219.6...so I lost 2.2 lbs in 8 days. Which is not bad...but I have ran into that number several times (you see it keeps jumping from 219 - 224) and tired of seeing it. Sometimes I wanna smack myself on the head with a frying pan because I do the stupidest things! I was 16 lbs under my pre pregnancy weight 2 months postpartum but now gained it all back but maybe the last 2-5 lbs. If only I was determined and motivated, I wouldnt be where I am now (sigh)...well, I will be weighing in again next Tuesday and see how that goes.

CottlestonePie - Good job! That is an improvement isnt it?

Laura - One thing I learn is not to be discouraged! That has happened to me soo many times that I've lost count...but at the end I never give up. I've heard some people say that it my take awhile and that you might feel like hitting rock bottom but if you dont give up, you will get there and thats when the pounds will really shed.

Ok ladies, lets have an awesome week and keep each other updated!

Hi girls, can I join you please?

I am 32, 5 f 7 and around 294lbs :( I am trying to eat healthy and ( as off last week) joined a gym, which i am to go 3 hours a week at the mo.

I would like to loose around 160lbs so am in this for the LONG hall.

CottlestonPie-I like the crisp breads and have been having rivta in stead of bread to. oatcakes with LF hummus is nice too :)

xxx

Welcome topsy!

Its good that you are making changes to your lifestyle..unlike me! I havent made any changes yet except for cutting the late night suppers. I did my mid week weigh in on on Thursday and I weighed 218! I was happy but it didnt last long. Now I am back to 221. Gonna weigh myself again on Tuesday for my weekly updates. Hope I go below 219.6, which was my weight last Tuesday.

I didn't weigh in today. I know I've been bad. 4 weeks of AF and AF cravings have been a bit too much to ignore this week. So I guess im just hoping to stay the same next week and start again.

I didn't weigh in today. I know I've been bad. 4 weeks of AF and AF cravings have been a bit too much to ignore this week. So I guess im just hoping to stay the same next week and start again.

You had 4 weeks of AF?

Yeah... first one since my c section so it was long and horrible. Think it's finally over though so back on track hopefully!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->