March 2020 Babies - Please Join

The booking appointment is the first long session with the midwife where they take all of you medical history and assess you forvrisk in pregnancy, talk you through the process, take bloods and tell you everything they’re checking for

The booking appointment is the first long session with the midwife where they take all of you medical history and assess you forvrisk in pregnancy, talk you through the process, take bloods and tell you everything they’re checking for

Oh right! As far as I can remember that doesn't happen here until the first scan? I could be wrong... Can't remember. But I think this time I will probably go for consultant led care instead of midwife... That way I'll get mini scans in between for peace of mind.

Ah Ok! Where about in the world do you live? I’m in Yorkshire UK. I have to wait to have my booking appt, scan at 12 weeks, midwife at 16 weeks and second scan at 20 weeks. Then it’s fortnightly midwife checks until birth! X

I'm in Dublin, Ireland. To be honest I can't really remember how it went with my second. Also, because they considered me a bit of a higher risk my schedule was a bit different. I wanted to do midwife care but they couldn't let me so they worked with me to have alternate appointments with GP, midwife and consultant. In the end it was all consultant led though. A bit confusing, so I don't even know what the norm is.

Woohoo that’s exciting! I’m glad the digi results have progressed for you both!! Mumof1, I’m 4+5 so our babies will be due very close together!! X
What’s your EDD? X

How is everyone doing today? Boobs are incredibly sore since yesterday, and bloat is definitely here.
I dressed this morning and had to change, a blouse that used to be on the bigger side on me just a couple of weeks ago was digging into me, also trousers seem to be tighter (and I only recently bought a lot of high waisted ones for work).

I decided to tell my manager today. I figured that if it ends in miscarriage again she'll have to know anyway, so at least I wont have to make up excuses for my appointments.

How is everyone doing today? Boobs are incredibly sore since yesterday, and bloat is definitely here.
I dressed this morning and had to change, a blouse that used to be on the bigger side on me just a couple of weeks ago was digging into me, also trousers seem to be tighter (and I only recently bought a lot of high waisted ones for work).

I decided to tell my manager today. I figured that if it ends in miscarriage again she'll have to know anyway, so at least I wont have to make up excuses for my appointments.

I’m ok today. I only have sore nipples but my actual boobs are ok. Had mild cramping today and a bit of milky white cm. my skins had a huge breakout I look like a teenager!! I still don’t feel pregnant and I’m waiting for proper symptoms to kick in.
I also told my manager for the same reason. I told a couple of friends too. I decided that should the worst happen, I’d rather a few people know to help me through it than keep it all a sad secret. I’m feeling positive about this pregnancy though and I’ve decided to let myself get excited. There’s nothing I can do if anything should happen, so I should just enjoy the next 8 weeks and wIt for the scan! X

I completely understand what you mean. I think I feel the same about the secret part, and also I'm starting to feel better about how things will go.
Hopefully the blood test will give me some reassurance too. I'm still struggling to be excited though, I feel like I didn't have enough time to grieve the baby I lost and also feels like my eyes had been opened somehow.... I knew these things happened but I never really thought it would happen to me. Now it's all worry and looking for constant reassurance.

Your loss was very recent wasn’t it? It is difficult I agree. Mine was at the end of last year, we lost our baby at the end of the first trimester. I’ve had time to grieve and lose all of the hormones and get over the trauma of the surgery, but if you had your loss recently your hormones will have changed dramatically a few times in quick succession, which won’t help it’s a shame talking about miscarriage is such a taboo, as I discovered with mine that a lot of family had been through the same thing, and there’s a bigger support network for everyone if it was known but everyone keeps it hush hush.
It is really hard and I’m not usually the person to believe or say ‘everything happens for a reason’ but if we had never been through our heartbreak, we probably wouldn’t be growing our rainbow babies now. When this little bean is born I will be sad for a moment thinking of the loss, but thankful that everything I have been through will have brought me to the moment that I’m holding my newborn in my arms. X

Ps I’m still paranoid and POAS 2/3 times a day...

Mrs Fruitie, your message is so touching. Mine was a very early loss but it was only last month, I didn't have a period after it. Because it was so early, I didn't think it would hit me so hard... Now I feel a bit crazy and finding it hard to manage through all these emotions.

And yes, after I had my loss, when I went back to work I found out that about half of the office (at least the ones that I have spoken to about it) had suffered losses at one stage or other in their lives...some quite late too. I also found out that my cousin's wife had several losses before the baby she is about to have. It is definitely a taboo.
I actually told a colleague who got pregnant by surprise again 2 months after losing her baby at 12 weeks. I feel like she understands what it is like and won't tell people either.

I'm the same testing. I just havent fed back here because I was embarrassed lol. I did a IC this morning and another this afternoon. Both dark enough but the one in the afternoon considerably darker.

Morning again! So today I'm supposed to be 5 weeks and 2 days if I go by when my miscarriage happened. Won't know for sure until dating scan, GP thinks it might be less. But this is my Digi this morning. I guess now it's IC until I run out (not that long to go :( ).

IMG_20190710_075528.jpg

Molly 3+ is amazing! I should be 6 weeks tomorrow, but haven't done a digital test yet. I only have one and have wanted to see that 3+ or bust haha.

Miscarriages are hard. When I had my missed miscarriage I had one period and was pregnant again and I was so paranoid the entire time. MrsFruitie is right that your hormones are probably all over the place not making things any easier.

You're right that a lot of women experience a miscarriage. I found out after mine that almost every woman in my family had lost their first pregnancy. I think knowing that it isn't just you helps.

For now, just know that whatever you are feeling it is normal. Pregnancy after a loss is so hard. People used to almost get angry at me for not 'enjoying' my pregnancy enough in the early days, which only made me feel bad. My best advice is to embrace your emotions. Know that they are normal. Try not to worry and stress, but don't feel bad if you do. It is absolutely normal. At some point you will start to relax. For me it was after 20 weeks, but I did feel a lot better.

I'm scared ladies. Two days ago I had a fever with headache and chills. It cleared up and I was fine yesterday. Today I had brown discharge. I know that can be normal, but my only sign with my missed miscarriage was some mild spotting that my OB thought was perfectly normal :( Combined with the random fever I'm pretty concerned.

How far along are you karoolia? Have you phoned the doctor? No severe cramping? I know spotting in early pregnancy is very common and often leads to successful pregnancies, but it is so hard not to stress and worry. I’d call you gp ASAP and ask to get checked out. Big hugs to you xxx

Thanks MrsFruitie. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. I haven't called my doctor yet and unfortunately there isn't much point right now. I am leaving town tomorrow to go 5 hours away to write my bar exam Monday and Tuesday (horrible timing right?) and it typically takes a week or so to get in to my doctor. I am going to call though and arrange an appointment for when I get home. That said, my husband is a GP and I called him immediately this morning (he had already gone to work of course). He said it's likely too early for a scan to tell us much and that since it isn't red or very much we just need to wait and see.

I did have minor spotting with my son, but I also had minor spotting with my miscarriage. Maybe it is just what my body does, but man with the miscarriage everyone wrote it off. They did check my HCG and levels looked good so I was told not to worry and then had to experience that awful ultrasound at 11 weeks to find out the baby had stopped developing at 7 weeks. I guess that experience has just made me paranoid.

I noticed a little more light brown today, but only when I go to the bathroom. Some discomfort, but no major cramping so hoping everything is ok. Talking about it here helps at least.

Sending you thoughts and prayers!!

As far as I know brown spotting is old blood, it could possibly be unrelated to the previous miscarriage. I hope everything is ok. These first few weeks are torture.

How are you holding up mrsfruitie??

I had my blood test this morning. I don't think GP order a hcg count though . He did give me a letter to send with my registration form. Hoping to post it tomorrow and hopefully will get an early scan...we shall see

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->