march lambs overdue thread

boonies86

Reaction score
not sure if there is already an 'overdue thread' for us lambs, or indeed if anyone wants one!! just been reading the feb love bugs one and it seemed to be a lovely support thread!! so im due today (so not technically overdue) they attempted a s&s today at midwife, cervix posterior and she couldnt reach!!! :( so im not gettin my hopes up for a baby anytime soon!!

anyone else overdue?? fed up?? and fed up of being told that baby will come whens its ready!!!!! I KNOW!!!

overdue but hopeful something is happening today,

lyn i have been quietly following your threads!!! im not even overdue an dits doing my tree in!!!! i hope this is it for u!!!!!!

I had contractions saturday night, and last night but they stopped. Was getting some this morning but they have stopped again now :(
I've not had a show or anything yet.
If nothing happens, I have a sweep on Thursday. Really hope LO has made an appearance by then x

thanks hun, today i just decided to get up and say outloud really loud that its ok if baby doesnt show up today it has to eventually

I am not overdue yet but would like to add my support to everyone, knowing that I'll probably be one of the last march mummies (and prob a sweet pea in the end).

So... good luck march lambs! :hugs:

my husband just rang me, told me off for being down in the dumps bout lack of baby and deflated midwife apt, then sed gotta go my lunch break over.
why do men just not understand???

he even dared to say she will come when shes ready!?!?!?

husbands and partners are mostly useless when your past your due date hun,

Boonies - Men are useless hun. They don't understand how hard it is for us! Chin up chick. It wont be long untill your LO is here :hugs:

i know its just my hormonal ways but i not only want my baby here but i also want my body back, i want to lay on the floor and roll without having my bump in the way, i want to eat without heart burn and run up stairs without getting out of breath :( hmmpfff

I'm overdue too :sad1: I am so fed up of waiting. Got a sweep in 48 hours (Wednesday at 2:30pm!) so hoping that that starts something off! I've been head down and 2/5 palpable for weeks but getting no nearer!

I feel your pain hunny! I had an energetic moment last week and I was able to run around without getting out of breath. It was amazing!! I can't wait to get fit again. I feel helpless.
Just think of how great life is going to be when LO is here. Im overcoming depression at the moment. I had a very hard third tri, splitting up with FOB and stuff so I want my LO here more than anything at the moment. I just want to give him a cuddle so I know what all this hard work has been for. It still doesn't feel real to me!!

has anyone tried nipple stimulation??? my midwife told me to do it, i asked if i cud with a breast pump she sed yes!!!

tried it bout 2 hours ago and nothing different, no contractions no nothing??? how long am i meant to do it for? anyone know??

I feel your pain hunny! I had an energetic moment last week and I was able to run around without getting out of breath. It was amazing!! I can't wait to get fit again. I feel helpless.
Just think of how great life is going to be when LO is here. Im overcoming depression at the moment. I had a very hard third tri, splitting up with FOB and stuff so I want my LO here more than anything at the moment. I just want to give him a cuddle so I know what all this hard work has been for. It still doesn't feel real to me!!

poor u! when i read how other people have suffered and come through, it makes me realise how silly im being.

i do a 5km (horse riding route lol) walk with my dogs everyday which i love doing, but i just cant wait to be doing it with baby in the sling or pram :)

Nipple stimulation is the gentle rubbing or rolling of the nipple to encourage the start of contractions. The theory is that oxytocin, a hormone that causes contractions, is released in the body when the breasts are stimulated.

Is it safe?
A review of studies found that contractions after nipple stimulation did not over-stimulate the uterus, which could be dangerous for the baby (Kavanagh et al 2005). There is a lack of research on the safety of this technique in high-risk pregnancy, so currently it is only recommended in normal pregnancies.

Does it work?
The review mentioned above showed a significant benefit from nipple stimulation in women whose cervix had already started to soften, thin and open ready for labour. 37 per cent women who had tried it went into labour within 72 hours as compared to just 6 per cent of those who had not.

How do I try it?
The idea is to simulate the suckling of a baby so you need to massage the whole areola (the dark area around the nipple), not just tweak the nipple. Place your palm over the areola and move in a circular motion, applying a firm but gentle pressure. This may need to be continued for some time. The usual recommendation is to stimulate the breasts for an hour, three times a day, spending 15 minutes continually stimulating one breast and then alternating to the other breast for 15 minutes until the hour is up.

blimey for an hour!!! i did 15 mins of each side, dont think i cud have the pump on for one hour solid get sore!!! will have to do it manually lol!!!!

I tried manually doing it the other night. I was getting contractions every 25 minutes so thought I'd try it out to try and speed things up a bit. But i did 15 minutes on each side and I couldn't do any more lol. I don't have a breast pump either :( so I couldn't try that! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->