March Testers :) Thread for Support, Chatting, and Peeing on sticks ;)

confuzion

Mommy to Zinny at last!
Reaction score
https://content.mycutegraphics.com/graphics/month/march/month-of-march-saint-patricks-luck.png

Continued over from the February thread :) I'm on CD4 today, and already getting antsy to start my tww. How are we doing ladies?

The list:

Testers

1. NessFrench

2. Twinkie2 :hugs2:

3. KElwanger :bfp:

4. MarieMo7 :bfp:

5. Nikki1979 :hugs2:

6. Zinnia86

7. Mrsstrezy :hugs2:

8. Mwel8819 :bfp:

9. Lynny77

10. Mom2sam :hugs2:

11. Buttercup78 :hugs2:

12. Jamers89 :hugs2:

13. Sailorsgirl

14. Cutieq

15. Treeroot

16. Trying33

17. Nflores77 :bfp:

18. Sjbenefield

19. Kallie3000

20. Rellie47

21. Chanti3

22. Angelbaby_01 :hugs2:

23. Ilovetomatoes :hugs2:

24. 1234baby :bfp:

25. MKAC2005

26. PeanutWhereRU

27. Rtebbe89 :bfp:

28. RayeAnne :hugs2:

29. Cgray55

30. Fellowes

31. Tink_

32. Lirpa11

33. Slinky2009 :hugs2:

34. StephanyFred

35. WaitWhat :hugs2:

36. Petals2014

37. Bing28 :hugs2:

38. Loveorleaveme :bfp:

39. Megamegan

40. Caro523 :bfp:

41. Ladyycamper

42. Lauraloo24

I'm here!!!

CD3 for me and as antsy as I was last cycle when I thought I might have it, but I'm accepting it (not happily of course), but what can you do but move on. Based on the last 2 cycles of really trying to keep track, I should o on CD 14, or the 28th, so hoping to know if we've got our first BFP by March 15th!

Does anyone plan on telling family/friends right away, or do you plan to wait?

Hey ladies! I'm on cd12 and O is cd16 so I'm almost there. I probably won't be on here a ton because I'm trying to stay distracted but I still want to follow everyone and come here when I need a pick me up! Thanks for starting another thread. Here's to hoping we get November babies!

I definitely plan on waiting as long as possible twinkie. But that's only because I've had two bad experiences with not waiting.

So the next time (hopefully soon!), I'll be staying quiet until the bump is too big to hide lol. It'll be nice to be able to announce the gender along with the news.

:wave: KElwanger! So excited (and jealous) that you're about to O! How are you doing? I haven't heard much from you in quite awhile...

I want to wait to tell others, whenever that may be, but DH doesn't seem to like that idea. I had no intention of telling anyone we were trying because we've already fielded the "when are you two finally going to have a kid?" since before we even got married. I think it's no one else's business when, if, how, whatever and I find it so rude how many people constantly have told us we should have a kid already. Anywho, so my DH has told not only his family, but my family and most of his buddies. Now several cycles in, we keep getting the "you knocked up yet" question from his buddies and our families coyly hint at it non-stop. It's kinda driving me nuts. I feel like I'd rather not tell people, just in case, because I don't think I'd handle it very well considering I'm not handling the ttc well! On top of that, I have the worlds most wonderful mom, with being so wonderful, she can also be incredibly overbearing (her heart is in the right place), but I know she'd be over and calling all the time. So I'm trying to get DH to agree to waiting past at least the 10 week mark if not until 12 weeks. I know he's excited too, but it's a lot easier for him to let all the comments and questions roll off of him than I am. Okay, rant over, sorry ladies, but I feel so much better already just from putting that out there. It's been bothering me for the past week or so.

I'll be testing on or around March 15th too! Thinking O will come around March 1-2 or so. We do plan to tell immediate family right away. If something were to happen, we would want them to be aware. But friends/extended family won't find out until end of 1st tri.

Good luck ladies!

Hi, Can I join in? I am on CD 7 and will be ovulating in about 6 days. I will be testing around March 9th.

Sounds rough twinkie that you and your husband are not on the same page about this. I would be really put out with my husband if he told after asking him not to.

And lol about your mom. Mine is the same way. After my second miscarriage, she promised she wouldn't ask me if I was pregnant anymore, and that we could tell her whenever we felt ready. My husband doesn't want to tell either. After getting everyone excited twice only to bring bad news wasn't fun for either of us. Next time we share the news I want to truly be in the clear.

Cd1 here! 6th cycle ttc #1. I'm 27 and DH is 36. Testing around March 16th.

I was really excited about ttc, so I told a lot of friends and family because I didn't think it would take long. Now they ask me quite often if I'm pregnant and it's gotten kind of depressing- but I've complained to them about us having a hard time, so I think maybe they've backed off a little. I think I would tell close friends pretty soon after though- I'm just a pretty open person and I'd probably want support if I did lose a baby.

Anyway- what has everyone been doing for ttc / do you have a new plan of action this month?

I started my husband on fertilaid pills 2 cycles ago, although I think he was kind of bad the first month, now he's more convinced he needs them because we think he might have varicocele and possibly a low sperm count. I might just be making that up though- so after this cycle he'll get tested.

I started taking a lot of supplements last cycle... Fertilaid, fertilcm, royal jelly, maca, Q10, and primrose. I think I noticed an increase in cm and libido.

I'm hoping that maybe the pills just need a little more time in our systems- but will help!

We've also tried preseed, guaifenesin, soft cups, and I lay for at least 30 mins after. I also got a fertility yoga vid I need to use, I bought a bunch of fertility friendly foods last month! And I tried fertility aromatherapy and massage. I'm really doing everything I can find to help.. Am I missing anything? :)

I've been doing opks, lots of bd and usually feel ovulation, so it is definitely frustrating and I already feel kind of defeated. I'm just going to try to be more relaxed.. I learned after the first couple cycles that forcing/quick bd is no fun. At least now I know we can get some answers if this next cycle doesn't work.

Oh no Zinnia hoped you would get that BFP in February :(

Hope this cycle is the one for you and you won't have to go through the trouble of testing.

The only thing I'm doing differently this cycle is doing OPKs. I never tried them before, but I think they will help me pinpoint O a little better.

I'm thinking I'm going to back off some of the extra stuff I've been doing. Been having wacky cycles and I think it's possibly because I'm doing too much. Going to continue to take the vitamins and fish oils, but no more than that.

Thanks ladies! I'm so excited to finally be trying after DH and I had waited because we wanted to put ourselves in the best position first (now I realize there is no such thing, but we are in a position that we are both comfortable with). After so many years of dodging the when question (which sometimes brought me to tears), I just don't want to deal with everyone asking if it's happened yet. I know he's excited that we are at this point and I love that, but I wish we were on the same page. Still discussing it and trying to agree on when the appropriate time would be, but I guess we have until it happens to make a decision. Maybe we'll both feel differently when we finally get our BFP. I think he's starting to see why I don't want to tell now that everyone asks us when we visit them.

This cycle I am checking CM/CP and doing lots of BDíng during my fertile week. I was going to start temping, but I don't want to stress, plus I've been feeling O since quitting BCP, so I'm not to concerned about not knowing when it happens. I've been taking a prenatal, vitamins C, E & B complex, fish oil and L-arginine (supports good blood flow to the uterus). DH is also taking L-arginine :) I've already given up coffee and made the switch to green tea to give me a little caffeine in the mornings, but now I've read articles about green tea not allowing as much folic acid to be absorbed by the body, so too much at the time of conception and shortly after could be an issue. Now I'm afraid to drink any :( Not sure what to do.

I'd love to hear others opinions and what they are doing/not doing this cycle, or what things you did previously that you are no longer trying.

Welcome to the new ladies!! And good luck to everyone :)

Twinkie, my husband has told everyone we're TTC. We got pregnant quickly with our first, so I don't think he thought much of it. But he doesn't obsess about it like I do! Ugh. Frustrating :(

Zinnia, you're pulling out the big guns!!! Hope it all works magic for you!

AFM, this is also our 6th cycle TTC. We've discussed that we will take a break after this cycle if no BFP, so I am doing everything I can to make it count. I'm on Clomid (anovulatory PCOS) and so that kind of limits what all I can take in terms of supplements or aids, but I've started Evening Primrose Oil, B-50 and B-6, and CoQ10. I got Conceive Plus this cycle as well, so we'll give that a shot. I'm also going to pick up some maca root today - it's a supplement that's supposed to have positive effects on both male and female fertility, sperm mobility, and libido. So frankly, if we're both wanting to BD all the time, that's a good thing, right???

My BD plan has changed this month as well. With a toddler, it's hard to come up with the energy in the evenings, and mornings are non-existent because she wakes up so early. BUT - I'm going to make a concerted effort to BD every other day from CD8 until O-2, then every day until O+1. And then every 2-3 days after that for good measure. I'm also not telling the hubby when I'm ovulating, because I think that's been our downfall. He says I get "militant" about sex and then he doesn't want to!!! LOL! So I'm not going to let him in on my secret, I'm just going to pounce him whenever my calendar says to. Romantic, right? I know. Don't be jealous. :haha:

REALLY hoping this is our month. I'd love to be able to tell my hubby on his birthday. We had our gender announcement on his bday two years ago, AND it's the anniversary of our first date. Special things just happen on that day and I'd love to continue the tradition.

Good luck to all you ladies this month!!!

I was doing sauna everyday until ovulation, to help me detox. I love using the sauna, but I think I need to put a brake on it for now.

I am taking coQ10 and resveratrol to improve egg quality since I'm worried my two miscarriages were caused by bad eggs.

I was also taking garlic and cayenne supplements last cycle to act as a blood thinner (instead of taking baby aspirin) as some blood tests showed that I have a slightly faster clotting time than normal. But I've decided to hold off on that until I get a BFP in case it can mess with implantation.

I saw someone mention peas surprisingly having a negative effect on conception, and even used as a method of BC in some culture (who knew?), so definitely making sure those stay off the menu.

Getting more BDing in before my fertile time, in case I'm off in my calculations somehow. Every other day I guess to give the sperm some time to grow in numbers and mature.

Oh and I did fertility massage last cycle, which I think made me ovulate earlier, and now I'm scared to do it again lol. Even though I really liked it last cycle. Gave me time to relax. Made me feel nice. I don't know. I'm going back and forth on this one. Maybe I will do it anyway.

Oooh, fertility massage? Sounds interesting! Where do you find that?? And what do they do?

I did a self fertility massage following the instruction of a youtube video. I posted it in the Feb thread but I'll post it here also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ4sqWUQbEw

Ok, so I see two people are taking CoQ10, can someone tell me the benefits of this one in terms of TTC? I've heard of epo and wondered if I should start taking that as well, argh, so many things!

Twinkie - apart from improving quality of eggs, kind of like a speculated prevention of DNA damage, I'm not sure what coQ10 could do. It's an anti-oxidant. As is resveratrol, which is why I take them both.

Do any of you guys get a side stitch type pain after your period ends? I never used to before, but have had it happen to me twice now. It's really uncomfortable, and I'm wondering if it's something I should have checked out or if I'm being unnecessarily cautious.

Thanks confuzion, might be something I should look at a little closer I guess.

As far as pains go, I've noticed since ending bcp that I get weird cramps, not like early AF cramps, right at the end of my period. Its a sharper pain usually and lasts a few minutes just a couple of times the last day or two of AF. Not sure if it's the same thing you are experiencing, but sounds somewhat similar. If it concerns you though, I'd just run it by your doc if you have any appointments coming up.

Was planning on having peas with dinner last night and had to change it to asparagus because of your post! Not sure if there is any merit to it, but I really don't feel like tempting fate at this point.

Right now, my "things to avoid list" is:
Green tea:growlmad:
peas
highly processed foods
low fat dairy (still getting lots of dairy though!)
alcohol/cig (obviously, but I don't smoke and rarely drink)

I would love to hear what others have heard may be potentially harmful to TTC!! Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->