Marley and Me - WARNING!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Gemma Lou, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Gemma Lou

Gemma Lou Well-Known Member

last night my hubby took me out and we went to the cinema to see Marley and Me which was my choice! Oh my Goodness, this should come with a warning to all hormonal pregnant women! I have never cried sooooooooooo much in a film, and even my other half cried! I couldn't believe what a tear jerker it was. I mean, it was a really appropriate film to go and watch as its all about starting a family and the changes it brings, and with two great actors/actresses in lead roles it was fantastic, but if you do go and see this, take some chocolate and a large pack of tissues! My eyes were still red about 4 hours later. I looked a right mess when I came out of the film, I was all bright red a blotchy!
    Can definately recommend the film but it really does come with a tears warning!:cry:
    :hug::hugs:

2. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

I went to see it a few weeks ago, big pack of tissues is needed indeed!

3. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

I watched it at home a few wks ago and my hubby laughed cos i was :cry:

4. AppleBlossom

AppleBlossom Guest

I refuse to watch it!

5. :D happy D:

:D happy D: Well-Known Member

i went to see it with my mum and cried my eyes out, it wasn't even the quiet sobbing it was full on noisy !!! it makes things worse as we have a curly haired retriever which was a present from my husband to me and he acts just the same !!!

very good film though !!!! i don't recomend taking children !

6. I watched it at home. It made me laugh because my dog is exactly like that dog - just smaller thank god. He is ripping up a pair of my slippers as we speak! But yeah it is really sad at the end..

7. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

I haven't watched it yet but really want to, its not my DH's type of film so I will have to wait till it is out on DVD, I have read the book though and that got me going too, take care :hugs: XX

8. avabear73

avabear73 Mum to Finlay

The book is fantastic and definitely worth a read before you go ... it doesn't ruin the film at all and the book carries on a little bit after the film finishes. I read the book when it first came out and it's really well written, with laugh out loud and cry out loud bits!

We went in to see it and there was this family came in with a really young girl - well when the bit came, the whole cinema was crying but the poor girl was just inconsolable. After the film I went to the toilet and she was in the toilets, still sobbing with her Mum (I presume?) and her Mum's friend trying to calm her down.

If you want to see this, and you are thinking of taking kids ... read the book first ... the end isn't exactly unpredictable but the trailers for the film don't give any hint - to a kid it would appear to be a funny cute film about a dog ... and they probably wouldn't expect the ending (although adults would).

A fantastic film though, definitely worth seeing. We've got an elderly dog (who is currently living more than 2 years over her prognosis) which made it even more of a sob-fest. But anyone who has ever had a dog will see some of their dog in Marley ... some parts of that film (the swimming pool comes to mind) are really really funny!

9. Sarah+

Sarah+ Well-Known Member

I lost it during the ultrasound bit. :cry: And I had read the book and knew it was coming!

10. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

I really wanted to go and see this film and i got the book for Christmas, so had a flick through the book in preparation for the film, and now refuse to watch the film unless it is in the safety of my home and i am alone!!!!

11. ellismum

ellismum Ellis' mum!!

I really want to see this film but I have proper butch male friends that have been reduced to sobbing wreaks watching this film. Just can not bring myself to read the book, let alone watch the film.

12. overcomer79

overcomer79 LT-TTC success 3.5yrs

We saw it on Christmas day. I remember the events fully, stopped at a pharmacy (surprised to find one open) picked up HPT and some vits and went straight to the film. I had to wait until getting home to take the HPT. It was horrible with emotions!!! Espcecially the ultrasound bit. Made me tear up even more wondering if "I was there" (meaning pregnant). Got home and hugged my dog! (I know I know lol). Took the test, boom positive!!!! Then the ultrasound bit came back and that was all I could fear until my dating ultrasound when we finally saw the HB. DH gave me the DVD for Easter but I"m just not mentally ready to watch it again even though I loved the film!

13. happygirl

happygirl Well-Known Member

i couldnt watch it past the ultrasound bit and had to leave!!!!!!!!!!

14. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

That is the exact reason why i didn't go see it in the cinema! I watched it at home with oh the other week, and omg i have never sobbed so much in my life. I knew what was going to happen so i turned over and pretended to oh i was going to sleep cus i was tired, then i just burst into tears :rofl: he started laughing at me, i couldn't stop sobbing for about 20 minutes!

15. Dukechick

Dukechick Wife & proud Mom of 2

Awww!! LOL... Thanks for the warning!

16. Kiree

Kiree proud mammy of 2 boys

i wanted to go and see this but then read a review and thought.. hmm maybe not such a good idea at the minute! this has just confirmed it for me ladies- i will wait for the dvd i think!

17. dannydustcart

dannydustcart Well-Known Member

I watched it th eother day,... the ultrasound bit did make me cry,