Married to a control freak

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by happy&healthy, Oct 6, 2008.

1. happy&healthy

happy&healthy Ada's Mom

And in a good way. But me being pregnant has been hard on him. He wants to be the one pregnant so he can be in control!:dohh: And with the low amniotic fluid thing and the fact that I have increased clumsiness since being pregnant has caused him to declare that he is getting a vasectomy after this child and we will just adopt.....he can't take the suspense.

I'm sure he'll change his mind when our daughter arrives. Just kind of feel sorry for they guy. I'm much more relaxed, which makes us a good pair.

2. Luhweez

Luhweez Guest

my brothers kindof like this! i feel sorry for his future gf/wife if they ever get pregnant because they'll be kept in a padded room and no one will be allowed near them except him haha! Sooo protective! i cant even have a glass of fizzy drink without him giving off about it not being the best for baby!

3. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

yeah, I think mine would like to be pregnant but then there is no way I could put up with the moaning. I mean, a cold is bad enough. But still, we had an argument about a truffle. I wanted to eat it. But it contained ALCOHOL. In minuscule quantities.

4. katieandbump

katieandbump Well-Known Member

oh no you must feel under so much pressure, pregnancy is a very natural state for us women, your OH should take a back seat and relax a bit, i couldn't handle it if my OH was like that, i'd be a hormonal wreck lol. xx

5. happy&healthy

happy&healthy Ada's Mom

Thanks guys. Its really not that bad. He doesn't follow me around or anything like that. He just suffers in silence until he will blurt out every once in awhile how hard it is for him (like this morning). In the meantime, I no longer have to cook or clean---so that's a nice plus. =-)

6. pennysbored

pennysbored Well-Known Member

I know people like that. They always know best. How many of them have actually been pregnant themselves? Hmm? Thats what I'd like to know.

7. katieandbump

I see what u mean in this sense my OH is the same, since my sickness began he insits on cooking so i dnt have to be near the smell of fat or foods and generally fusses over me 24/7 lol is this your first bub too? I think they just want to make everything as easy and hassle free as they can for us cos we are the carriers and they know what a huge thing this is lol. I feel sorry for my OH sometimes that he cannot feel what i feel i wish he could nothing makes u bond more but ah well hopefully he'll feel the kicks externally soon enough. Bless them. x

8. katieandbump

Oh also in early pregnancy period i was rly sicky and cudnt eat much or stand smells of cooking so i'd eat crisps cos it was a quick fix and once me and OH had an arguement about crisps cos he said something like you've eaten all them and i got rly upset and emotional cos of my hormones and was thinking he's worried i'm gna turn into a fatty when he was worried about all the salt...... and now i dnt care not as sensitive i eat what i want to eat, which to be fair is mainly fruit and veg. xxx

9. happy&healthy

happy&healthy Ada's Mom

And really, most of this came about after being diagnosed with the low amniotic fluid. I just sort of chuckle about how dramatic he gets though--

10. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

It's funny because he's not at all like that normally. He just wants a baby so bad, it's kind of sweet. He is much better now the peanut is bigger. He would love to be pregnant but it's just biologically possible :hissy:

11. redberry3

redberry3 Love My Little Peek <3

:hugs: what a sweetheart. I am sure he is treating you extra special.