Massive toy clearout-Fisherprice/ELC-inflatable sit up ring *more added 4th June

Well I think she should be banned from here as shes done it before aswell & been online & still not contacted anyone so she obviously has no intention to. Bit random how she sent some peoples and didn't others! Never gift. I agree about the police, it is theft! Was it alot of money henrysmumkaz? x

Well I think she should be banned from here as shes done it before aswell & been online & still not contacted anyone so she obviously has no intention to. Bit random how she sent some peoples and didn't others! Never gift. I agree about the police, it is theft! Was it alot of money henrysmumkaz? x

I reckon banning her from the site is a good idea too but thats not my decision to make, unfortunately.

It was £34 which might not be thousands of pounds but I bought those toys as gifts for my son from his brother or sister who'll arrive in September. So I've got to spend x-amount of money extra, for replacements.

There is another lady who spent over £20 and never got her toys / refund either. So purpledaisy2 has made a tidy sum from ripping us off. Grrrr.

Thats disgusting. & thats alot of money!! I hope u manage to get something sorted xx

Not received any contact, despite contacting via facebook also. No refund either- wanted toys for the girls birthday which was yesterday.

aww thats horrible what a huge let down on the gifts :( :hugs:

Thanks, really dissapointed that people can be like this when you buy things in good faith.

Thats discusting i agree with the others it is theft, maybe contact the police, although prob not a lot they could do??xx

How much for the jingle toy and vtech alphabet posted?
I just seen my inxbox in full so could you write on my wall or something please

Omg just read this thread.
Forget i ever said anything:dohh:

Im new to paypal,can someone explain what 'gifted' means please

In normal paypal transactions (most commonly used for ebay) the seller gets charged a fee for receiving the money from the buyer.

When you 'gift' the money - which involves signing into paypal and ticking the 'gift' box, paypal sends the money to the other person but doesn't charge them the fee, because you're telling paypal that its a present rather than a business transaction.

Problem with gift payments is, if you don't receieve your items, you can't claim the money back. The fee on normal transactions is sort of like buyer protection so if you don't get what you paid for, you can file a dispute and paypal will eventually take the sent payment from the seller and give it back to you, the buyer. Unless the seller has proof that the items have been posted.

Hope I've explained ok!

In other news, I've also not had any contact either through here or facebook. I have also not got my toys or a refund. The seller has been online again in the last few days.

My husband reckons that since we can't do anything through paypal to claim back the money, we should take it up with our banks. Hes going to try and sort it out later. Something to do with chargebacks... I don't really understand it. But the banks do involve the police - which is great.

Will update here if I have any progress to report.

In normal paypal transactions (most commonly used for ebay) the seller gets charged a fee for receiving the money from the buyer.

When you 'gift' the money - which involves signing into paypal and ticking the 'gift' box, paypal sends the money to the other person but doesn't charge them the fee, because you're telling paypal that its a present rather than a business transaction.

Problem with gift payments is, if you don't receieve your items, you can't claim the money back. The fee on normal transactions is sort of like buyer protection so if you don't get what you paid for, you can file a dispute and paypal will eventually take the sent payment from the seller and give it back to you, the buyer. Unless the seller has proof that the items have been posted.

Hope I've explained ok!

Thank you for explaining. I totally understand now.
Well seems like the OP played it smartly then!:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"