Mastitis?

MummyNovember

Hubb,DS & DD =]
Reaction score
I am not breastfeeding my baby but I am expressing breastmilk using a manual pump a few times a day. Yesterday I noticed a pinkish rash appearing on one of my breasts. Its become a bit more visible today an its sore to touch. I am not sure if its mastitis or not. I will post a picture below (THIS IS NOT ME I FOUND IT ON THE INTERNET) & you can get a rough idea of what it looks like.

https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/FallenPlaygirl/M1220143-Mastitis_on_left_breast_of_a_lactating_woman-SPL.jpg

It looks like that but a bit more pink & half the size. Its not on my other breast.

Thank You!

Do they look like teeny tiny Xs? Do you have swelling and tenderness? Mastitis is incredibly painful and usually accompanied with fever and flu like symptoms. Maybe you have a clogged milk duct or possibly mastitis. The pain for me was nearly unbearable, my entire body ached and I felt so so bad. One of the worst experiences of my life!!!

Hope you are feeling ok and it's not too bad.

It sounds from your description more like a plugged duct but mastitis is possible. Try warm compresses and showers, massage the lump when pumping using your fingers in a circular downward motion. How is it looking now?

Its dissapeared thank god! Thank U hun. Im glad I don't have it it sounds awful!

Oh good! Glad it's gone, must have just been a little blockage! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->