Maternit21 Generic Testing anyone else?

ANL25

Reaction score
Hello ladies! I opted to have the genetic testing done due to having multiple miscarriages and never having any tested. I had my blood drawn for the results on Wednesday 7/18 when I was 10w1d (you can do it anytime after 10 weeks). It takes 7-10 business days to get the results. Any of you ladies having this test done or have had it done? What are your thoughts on it? How long did it take for you to get your results. I’m staying positive this pregnancy as I feel it’s gotten me this far just cannot wait for the call to know that baby is peachy!

Hello ladies! I opted to have the genetic testing done due to having multiple miscarriages and never having any tested. I had my blood drawn for the results on Wednesday 7/18 when I was 10w1d (you can do it anytime after 10 weeks). It takes 7-10 business days to get the results. Any of you ladies having this test done or have had it done? What are your thoughts on it? How long did it take for you to get your results. I’m staying positive this pregnancy as I feel it’s gotten me this far just cannot wait for the call to know that baby is peachy!

I was told 10 business days (different company) and I heard back after 8 days. They called to say I needed to have an appointment with one of their genetic counselors, available the following day, which made me really nervous.

After I said I was nervous, they said they could email me the results that day. I was glad I said yes to that, because I found out nothing was wrong with baby, although I am a carrier for a disease I never heard of. They want to test my husband now to see if he is also a carrier, otherwise there is nothing to worry about.

The counselor was very nice and knowledgeable.

I did the panorama test, it's by the same company. I got my blood drawn last Tuesday and am waiting for results as well. From what I've heard its anywhere from 4-14 days for results, but most people hear back in about 7 days. Are you finding out the gender?
I was also 10+1 when I did the test and I'm hoping there was enough baby DNA in the sample! It seems a lot of people have to do a redraw when they do it at 10 weeks because the dna is insufficient :/

Yes we opted to find out the sex of baby so that is a plus with the test! :) hopefully you have your results early next week! They process them on the weekends also so your doctors office could receive results back via fax over the weekend. I’ve read about the whole not enough dna so I hope both of us had enough! Keep me updated!

Oh that's good to know! I didn't know they processed samples on the weekends. I will definitely update when i get the results and hope you do too! :)

Mine took 10 calendar days to get the results in. It felt like fooorrreeevver!

I got my results back yesterday! Genetic testing came back normal! I’m so happy!!! It only took 7 calendar days including last Wednesday when the did the draw. We will find out Saturday what the sex is between just my husband and two little boys! That’s also when we are going to be telling our boys that they will be having another sibling!

I did the panorama test, it's by the same company. I got my blood drawn last Tuesday and am waiting for results as well. From what I've heard its anywhere from 4-14 days for results, but most people hear back in about 7 days. Are you finding out the gender?
I was also 10+1 when I did the test and I'm hoping there was enough baby DNA in the sample! It seems a lot of people have to do a redraw when they do it at 10 weeks because the dna is insufficient :/

Panorama is a similar test from a different company. There are a number of these tests available from various companies these days. I had the Panorama test done with my son, the clinic I went to with my last few (failed) pregnancies only offered MaterniT, and my new OB only does Progenity. :lol:

My insurance declined to cover the Panorama last pregnancy despite a history of miscarriage some some health issues. My current insurance is supposed to cover the Progenity testing, though, simply because I'm 35+.

No regrets either time, though I'm glad Natera (company that does Panorama) has a "sorry your insurance declined it and you can't afford the $8,000 bill" policy that settles for a few hundred bucks. The peace of mind is absolutely worth it, and it's a plus that you can opt to learn the gender at the same time. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->