Maternity allowance - how long?

mummy1985

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has applied for maternity allowance, how long it took to get confirmation or to start getting your money?

I sent my form off as soon as I was 26 weeks (not allowed to send it before) and asked for it to start when I had 11 weeks to go as I'm not working at the moment. It should start on 3rd Feb so it's not due yet I just wanted to get an idea when I can expect to get a response?

Thanks

hi, it didnt take them too long to sort mine for me but if you want to be sure they have recieved your forms and everything is sorted then just give them a ring xx

I rang after a week of posting and they said there is a 3 week backlog and to ringback on the 9th feb. I would have been getting payed off work on the 11th feb as well. I get payed 4 weekly so hopefully I should have a payment around then.

Hi

I sent mine last Tuesday and got a letter from them yesterday confirming I'm entitled to it - thank god!!

Hi

I sent mine last Tuesday and got a letter from them yesterday confirming I'm entitled to it - thank god!!

What area is yours getting dealt at? mines gone to yeovil. Did they tell you dates and how much your entitled to.

The Wrexham Chester office.

Yeah they confirmed the dates it would be payable i.e. when I'd start getting it and when it would stop and the weekly amount I'd get.

The Wrexham Chester office.

Yeah they confirmed the dates it would be payable i.e. when I'd start getting it and when it would stop and the weekly amount I'd get.

thanxs ill just have to wait now and hope its fast

just an up date to say I got my letter back today and its all gone through fine, so it took 2 weeks from getting posted.

That's good!

Even 2 weeks is pretty impressive, I though it would take ages for them to sort it out. You know what they can be like lol!

sorry I should have updated! It took about 2 weeks for mine to come through and my first payment is on Monday :)

do you know if you can get this if you hand in your notice whilst on mat leave?

I would assume so but it's best to check before doing anything. I found the direct.gov.uk website really helpful. I quit work in November due to pregnancy related issues with the bosses but because I had worked up until then I was entitled so as long as you worked enough hours in your test period you should be entitled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->