Maternity allowance?

lorrilou

Reaction score
Right, it says on DWP website that to claim maternity allowance you have to have worked atleast 26wks out of 66wks up until the week before your baby is born. This can also include maternity leave.

So if ive already worked 26wks out of those 66 but am being made redundant at the end of this month does that mean i will be able to claim MA?

Sorry if i sound abit thick but it has got my head done in, its so bloody complicated!! :dohh::blush:

Hello!

Yes you can still claim MA if your going to lose your job at end of month. I lost my job at end of sept and was able to claim it as long as you have worked 26 wks....

You only can claim it tho from 11 weeks before baby is born, and it took so bloodly long for me to recieve any money, its all backdated from 11 weeks so i got a nice little payment and have had no problems yet.

hope that helps hon xxx good luck xx

Thankyou, thats really helpful. Your a star. x

oh i forgot to say when you send it off give them up to a week and call them to make sure they have it!! i rang nearly every week until they gave me any money, and she did it while i was on phone to her and i got the money end of that week. they say it usually takes up to 3 weeks to process!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"