maternity allowance

wishing4ababy

mummy of 3 gorgeous LO's!
Reaction score
does anyone know how long it noermally takes to be processed? my friend has applied for it this week and she has been told 4 weeks!! :shock: i have never had any experience of it but said i'd ask for her on here!!!!!!

I sent my forms off once my maternity leave started on 12 April and I've not heard anything yet. I was going to phone them this week.

I sent my forms off about 2 weeks ago and got my letter confirming I am entitled to MA today.

Is this something we're all entitled to? :shrug:

How do we find out what money we can get hold of etc to help with costs whilst on maternity leave or even when we go back to work? Im clueless and really should think about this now! :dohh:

I get Statutory Maternity Pay and know that my employer sorts that out for me and pays it to me instead of wages on the normal pay days.

Not sure about Maternity allowance tho sorry.

Maternity Allowance is for people who have worked for at least 22 weeks out of the 66 weeks prior to the birth of their baby but who do not qualify for SMP. For example, I will get MA because I was made redundant from my permanant job in September 08 at about the same time I got pregnant. I have freelanced on and off since then but no employer is responsible for my SMP because I have not worked for them long enough or at the right time.

Same, I don't get SMP from my employer as I wasn't there long enough before falling pregnant, so I'm getting MA.

Once I'd sent the forms off it took about 3 or 4 weeks for me to receive the letter saying I was entitled to MA and then you have to send off the forms once you've officially started your leave.

I sent mine of first week of April not heard or recieved anything yet. I didn't work enough hours to get it off my employer. I was gonna ring them at the end of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->