maternity allowance

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by buttons1, Dec 14, 2009.

1. buttons1

buttons1 Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

Just wondering how long people have found its takes after sending their form off until you receive the initial letter saying if you qualify etc

Thanks

2. new mummy h

new mummy h First little princess!!!!

mine took about 2 weeks...x

3. gills8752

gills8752 Mum of 2 Girl

Me too, about 2 weeks but my midwife didnt fill in my matb1 correctly so i had to send it back again but it still went into my bank at the right time. They are really good with Maternity Allowance xx

4. emalou90

emalou90 Well-Known Member

mine took a week from when i sent it off to when i recieved a letter back saying im entitled, blah blah.

i sent my final form off (saying when i wanted it to start) 2 weeks ago and i've not had any money yet :( getting worried! x

5. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

My letter saying I qualified came pretty quickly (probably about a week I would say) but I had been warned it could take nearer a month when I rang to check they had received the forms ok.

EmmaLou - they only pay 2 weekly or monthly depending on what you requested so I bet you just missed a payment with the timing of sending your letter, I wouldn't worry too much, the first payment will catch you up, mne took nearly a month to come through (even though I'd asked for 2 weekly payments) but I got the back pay in the first one.

6. emalou90

emalou90 Well-Known Member

thanks JayDee - it's bad timing i think because now i don't have any money for Christmas if it doesn't come through :(