Maternity clothes anyone?

branham22

Reaction score
This is baby #2 for us. I know I am only 4w 4d but I am so bloated! I can hardly wear my jeans comfortably. Every time I sit down I have to unbutton them lol. I literally went threw some totes and found some of my maternity clothes from DS. I don't plan wearing them quite yet but by Christmas (I will be almost 12 weeks by then) I plan to be if I am still feeling like this.

Is anyone else dealing with this or is any one wearing their maternity clothes yet? If so, when did you start?

I've been wearing maternity tops for about 5 weeks - I'm about 12 weeks pregnant ("12 week scan" tomorrow morning). As for bottoms, I'm living in leggings. I've worn a pair of jeans maybe twice in the last 5 weeks and the button has been undone both times. This is my third pregnancy.

I'm ten weeks now and have just actually ordered a few maternity bits tonight just to be prepared for when bump pops! ❤️ but tbh I will probably start wearing them as soon as they come as I am still carrying a lot of weight that I never managed to shift from lasts pregnancy so maternity stuff will be so comfy for my fat ass! :haha:

I'm 13 weeks and have been wearing the low rise small band maternity jeans for a few weeks now...so much more comfortable haha. Maternity tops still seem to be too large, i have a few that work ok right now but don't fit perfectly. I'm sure in the next few weeks I'll def have to wear more maternity clothes.

I started wearing maternity tights/leggings last week because my jeans were killing me.

I started wearing maternity pretty early, or unbuttoning pants with belly band. I'm still wearing my dress pants unbuttoned with belly band today, but haven't been able to wear my jeans (and they were not comfy with belly band) for weeks.

I had to stop wearing some non-maternity shirts and pull out maternity shirts because they go down further, my belly was sticking out the bottom of my shirt! Maternity clothes make me look more "pregnant" and less "pudgy"....so I like them.

I'm so glad I'm not alone! You ladies made me feel much better. I thought I was being crazy getting them out so early lol. I guess what they say is true, you start to feel pregnant sooner with your second pregnancy!

I'm right with you. I'm especially bloated today, ugh! I lent my maternity clothes to a friend, and I'm due to pick them up on Monday. I'll wear them immediately if they stay up! I've been in leggings mostly, but even today they feel too tight. I'm slipping into a dress for date night, even if it's too cold! I never really wore mat tops with my last pregnancy, but comfy pants were essential pretty early on with #1, too!

I have all of mine in the dryer now :) That way they are all ready to go in a few weeks, or less lol.

I'm just ordering some now as my clothes don't fit and the next size up don't fit either! Currently living in dresses with no waist band!

That's too funny! Where do you guys order/buy your maternity clothes?

With my last pregnancy I had good luck with motherhood pants (basic ones they sell at Gordman's) and tops from either motherhood or Old Navy. Old Navy stuff is good and cheap, but they don't have much in store to look at here and I'm hesitant to buy online because I'm kind of hard to fit.

Not all the stores have maternity, so check before you go!

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/amanda_jarvis1/62629262-41a0-44a8-91db-b89cdac6a0f2_zps0c81a357.jpg

That's my starting I guess 5 weeks 5 days. Jeans are a 10 and are usually loose on me by alot. This morning they were fine. Right now they are uncomfortable and tight. I'm hoping to stay in them as long as possible. But Theyre some of my biggest pants..... we shall see. I bought mat clothes already to be prepared :p

I sincerely can't wait to wear maternity pants and be more comfy! I can still wear my regular pants but they are getting tight. I'm holding out for a few more weeks.

Why wait starluck? No shame in wearing maternity pants, you *are* pregnant! No reason to be uncomfortable unless you have to, right?

Why wait starluck? No shame in wearing maternity pants, you *are* pregnant! No reason to be uncomfortable unless you have to, right?

That is so true! I guess my problem is I feel silly wearing maternity clothes so early on lol. I plan to go to Good Will tomorrow morning with my mom. Maybe they will have a couple things! I'm not needing shirts at the moment, just pants! I can't wait to rip off the jeans I have on and put on some sweat pants!

Went to a consignment sale tonight! Picked up 3 shirts and a tunic/dress :)

I don't plan to wear a pair of non-maternity jeans again until post partum. Who wants to squish their bloat and enlarged uterus into teeny tight clothes!? I'm enjoying the freedom of mat tights and floaty dresses. I might even get rid of the little shorts in my sig pic, you can tell I'm already squashing into them and I picked them for the pics because of their elasticated top :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"