Maternity Clothes first time moms

crazycatlady5

Reaction score
Hi all!

Just wondering when you first time moms started showing?

And when did you start wearing or when do you plan to start maternity clothes?

My pants are starting to feel a bit snug but I can't decide if it's just bloat or if it's starting. I'm about 10 weeks so I feel like it's early to be showing? Or maybe my hips have just shifted so my stomach looks a bit different?

I didnt need any with #1, i didnt get a proper baby bump until 28 weeks.

I didnt need maternity till 20w with #3.

I was wearing maternity from 12w with #2. She was my smallest baby.

I tend to wear leggings and floaty tops i begrudge paying so much just because its maternity, i didnt really show till 20 weeks with my first

Wow. My leggings are starting to roll down ;( feeling big right now ;(

I wear the leggings i can pull up high to above my belly lol im all bloated already this time, my clothes feel uncomfortable

I changed to a maternity pair of jeans by around 11 weeks for comfort. I probably could have got away with wearing non-maternity but it wasn't comfortable and made morning sickness worse.

Everything is maternity pretty much now. In the last couple of days even my long vests have started rolling up and that's with losing weight, but gaining on the stomach. I'm 18 weeks now x

When I was pregnant with daughter, I started wearing maternity jeans in 1st tri just bc the bloat was so bad and the jeans were sooo comfy. I wore a few maternity things once I hit 3rd tri, but mainly tops bc I lived in leggings and stretchy skirts.

I'm 10 weeks and have started to wear maternity clothes. My old jeans are way to tight now, so I've mostly been wearing flowy skirts .

My work pants are getting a little tight and I have to wear khakis so I think it's almost time to bring out my maternity ones. At home I wear leggings or yoga pants so no worries there yet.

I'm struggling a bit with this too. Pre pregnancy I'm uk size 10 but I had put on a bit of weight prior to pregnancy and was wearing 10-12 depending on the style/brand.

Now I have lost weight on my legs so I'm back to size 10 there but my belly is popping out to the point that people are guessing I'm pregnant. I'm not in maternity yet but I am wearing those patterned trousers with elasticated waists, summer style dresses with an elastic band at the waist and leggings with long tops, plus stretchy skirts. Top wise I'm just wearing floaty ones I already have as all the weight is very low down!

Tbh I am only 7 weeks and I've started wearing a maternity item here and there. I am over 6 feet tall and finding pants that are long enough is always a chore, so I started my search for maternity work pants early. I would rather have them early than struggle to find them at the last minute. Anyway, the pants I ordered came in and I test drove them to work one day, and they are so comfortable I want to wear them all the time even though I don't quite need them yet!!

I also bought a couple super cute, super cheap maternity tops because they were on close out sale, and since I am so tall, the extra long shirts look pretty normal on me. So I've snuck a couple maternity tops into my everyday wardrobe already, even though I don't need them yet.

Maternity clothes are so much more comfy! If you're hoping to have more children I'd look at them as an investment :thumbup:

I didn't show until the second trimester with my first, but with this current pregnancy I couldn't button my jeans at 7 weeks. I've even lost weight from this morning sickness! Don't feel bad about maternity clothes. Better comfortable than miserable!! I went to motherhood maternity over the weekend (I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow), and they have some great sale stuff.

With my first I only bought 2 pairs of maternity pants. And that wasn't until I was about 25 weeks or so. And with shirts I just got the next size up. I didn't go crazy with shopping. I think its crazy how much maternity clothes cost. A pair of shorts for $30-$40 I'm sorry but that's crazy to me

I agree! I was looking at some dresses for summer time as my previous pregnancy's have been in fall/winter and they were $60. That's insane for something I will barely get any use out of. I just wanted something comfortable for the really warm weather as I can't get away with sweats or even leggings if it is very warm.
I would rather spend that money on something for the baby.

I got bags and bags of maternity clothes for about $5 an item secondhand through a local maternity Facebook group. I definitely recommend buying used if you can.

Won't it still cost the same whether I buy it sooner or at 25 weeks?

Thank you to those posters who have been making me feel better about considering going shopping sooner :) I really have appreciated those comments. I feel so bloated and uncomfortable and self conscious about feeling like I'm showing already. Yes maybe it's all bloat but either way I barely fit in my pants and am embarrassed about it. So I have really appreciated your understanding. I wish I was one of you who barely showed or didn't show until 20 something weeks. Unfortunately I am not as lucky as you.

Feeling blue :(

Don't feel bad about it. I was in maternity at 8 weeks due partly to bloat and the fact that I had a few too many celebration treats after my BFP. Be comfortable.

Thanks dark star, that helps. I've been trying to figure out if it's that I've been overrating. I guess I've been eating a bit more, but mostly fruit as that's what I've been craving. So I can't see that causing me to gain much weight. And it's all in my belly :s I guess it could be mostly bloat. I go for my scan tomorrow. May go pick up some maternity pants on the weekend, I've been waiting for my scan for that confirmation and reassurance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->