Maternity clothes help!

ellie27

Reaction score
OK.

I have nothing that I could proudly call a bump, but......

We are going on holiday when I am 20wks, and it will be hot!

I have some lovely light tops that I wore when pregnant with Anna but I had a bump in winter so have no light bottoms to go with any of the tops I have!!

I only have heavy maternity jeans and trousers.

What do you ladies do if you are lucky to live somewhere hot or are off on holiday?

I do not see any maternity shorts or light trousers in any shops.

I could just get maxi dresses but that was what I was going to wear at night, not daytime?

Thanks!

I'm off on hols in August and will be 28 weeks - gonna live in maxi dresses day and night! and some of my summery skirts from last few years might work as they'd sit below bump - with maternity vest tops or other floaty tops.
My sis gave me loads of maternity clothes, but like you they are all wintery things! some tops will do both but i may need to shop...
you gonna wear bikini or swimsuit? I haven't decided yet how much I want to bare!

have you tried here hun?

https://www.newlook.com/shop/womens...tegory=cat30100&bfh_so=-publishDate&bfh_ps=20

I've not bothered with maternity clothing.

If my bottoms have a buttons and the waist is a little tight, I use a hair bobble and loop it through the hole and hook over the button.

Wear longish tops with leggings.

There are deffo some maternity shorts online and linen trousers. Try new look, h&m, m&p, mothercare, matalan, topshop & asda.

xx

Next Linen Trousers have become my staple :)

Lots of shorts online too.

Good luck in the search!!

I am in the US so I don't know if I'm any help to you but I live in Florida so it's already been very hot here for months. I have seen maternity shorts in our store "Motherhood" or "Pea in the Pod". I actually didn't like them much I thought they were just too long/big for me and looked matronly. I happened to find some nice khaki shorts in Walmart with a stretchy elastic waist band!! I just bought them a couple sizes bigger than normal to allow some room and comfort and they're great.
Hope you find something!

Hi

I'm going in 3 weeks today and I'll 25 weeks. I've been on ASOS alot online, they have a maternity section and if you go into the clearance section in the maternity bit they have dresses you could wear in the evening under £20 each. Also BOOHOO.COM have maxi dresses for £15.00 and stretch jersey dresses for £10.00 which I think will cover bumps well even though they aren't maternity. I'm just going for cheap and cheerful and I'm just going to spend my money on lots of accesories to jazz them up a bit for the evening time. :) xx

Sorry if this is a repeat cause I don't read much of the replies! Lol I just bought linen shorts from peacocks today - really really comfortable. New look and mothercare and asda all have nice vests in 2 packs which are lovely and long. Asos.com do longline vests and the like in maternity too. Hope that helps. Oh and there is a maxi skirt in mothercare which would be nice paired with gladiators and a vest during the day. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->