Maternity clothes..or just ones that look nice and fit well!

ktm_x

Ellie's Mummy x
Reaction score
It now seems I am running out of clothes due to bumps ever expanding:) (pretty much have gotten away with my normal ones until now) I am finding less and less things fit, or I do not feel comfy in them.

I only worked part-time and now being on mat leave I am unfortunately not Mrs money bags.. does anyone know anywhere that does reasonably priced, nice maternity ranges? Or just floaty kind of things as everything I see is a no no for me atm.

Hope everyone is well!!

lucky you getting to 30 weeks without them. I am now growing out of my maternity stuff !!

Leggins are a good option, top shop, H&M etc. and dorethy perkins for floaty stuff

Thanks :) I see so many pregnant people in nice things and look at myself and go *yuck* lol x

asda do cheap and cheerful things hun, but agreed h and m are brill, and for pretty going out ish tops id go d.p xx

I've brought lots of things from Peacocks and New Look, also Asda do have some nice Maternity wear and I heard recently that Matalan have just started a maternity range.... I am growing out of mine now, but have been wearing them since about 10 weeks..... :cry:

I bought a nice top and cardigan from peacocks the other day, came to £14 in total and fits really well! They're not maternity clothes, I just bought a few sizes up from what I usually buy and they fit perfectly over my bump (which is now rather big!) x

this will be interesting I am beyond the relm of maternity wear now lol have 3 tops that fit still so I have moved on to hubby's tshirts hahahahaha thank God I hae 2 pairs of over the bump jeans that seem to be lasting! and lots of comfy jam bottoms around the house....oh what has happend to me lol

I'm on a pretty tight budget too. I got my stuff from New Look and Dorothy Perkins for a finish as I had to shop online (no maternity shops where I'm at, have to drive to the next big town over and couldn't get that arranged). I also got some sales and I believe both should have a couple tops for sale most the time..I ended up getting tops for 5 bucks to 8 bucks each. I only got a handful so it worked out pretty cheap, and I just wear those all the time now. One or two pairs of leggings are pretty cheap too (compared to the jeans I've found). That ought to carry you through the last weeks.

You can also check out the buy, sell, and swap thread on here as some ladies might be selling off their stuff for even cheaper. :)

My friend just told me that Asda do maternity stuff online and sure enough they do:

https://direct.asda.com/george/women-s-clothing/maternity/0123,default,sc.html

Peacocks are cheap too, and they have a maternity range. Leggings and long t-shirts or tops are good too.

Yeah I've got a couple of tops from Peacocks, 2 for a tenner, can't go wrong really!

I also got some maternity leggings from New Look [think they were £15 as far as I remember but I wear them constantly, they're a lifesaver!] I also get quite a lot of bits from eBay :)

I'm still in my normal jeans/skirts just under my bump or top button undone. I've found top-wise Peacocks and Primark do great tops that fit well over tummy's! Lucky for us fashion atm is to have baggy belly'd clohes!!
If all else fails - eBay!!

I've had a few great things from New Look.

Have a look in BHS too, not at maternity stuff but their general range.

I never usually think of them for clothes but took a short cut through the other day and they have some nice things. I got a pleated neck top from their normal range, and a lovely floaty one from the Sophie Gray range. They have loads of really nicely draping tunics in at the moment (some on sale) and go up to size 22 usually.

BHS tunic tops

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"