Maternity clothes?

QuintinsMommy

Reaction score
so I've been looking at maternity clothes lately and everything I like is so pricy for something im only going to wear till feb,
how did/are you young ladies still staying fashionable without spending lots of money?:( :shrug:

I dont know what kind of stores you have in Canada. But in the US we have places called Ross and Marshall's and they have really cheap, but very fashionable maternity clothes. Also Old Navy has a pretty good selection for cheap. Dont spend alot of money on nice maternity clothes, cuz you wont wear them very much. All i really wear is my shorts and tshirts lol.

https://www.emommie.com/
i found this for the ladies who shop online

When I gained 45 pounds I gave up I only wear sweaties and Tees. I bought one pair of maternity shorts and out grew them! i will make up for it after I have them!

I felt the same way.. I didn't want to spend tons of money on stuff I wasn't going to wear very long! I didn't go into JUST maternity clothes until like 28 weeks though.

They have some t-shirts at Spencer's Gifts.. like attitudey/novelty ones.. I didn't see them when I was pregnant but they're kinda cute.. not sure how much $$.

I found some good deals on the JCPenney website, and they ship to Canada. Old Navy sells maternity clothes- I got a couple basics like wifebeaters and t-shirts there.

TBH if I were to do it again I'd just buy yoga pants and other athletic pants that can be worn low-rise, in terms of pants. I didn't like the maternity jeans they sell at Motherhood Maternity & Thyme Maternity, they made my crotch look so weird, and didn't fit my belly very well. I didn't like the style of the clothes really at those stores either :shrug: Too.. MOMish.. I'm 19, I don't want to dress like a "mom".. like a 30 something you know?

If you don't gain weight in your bum/thighs you can get bump bands so you can wear your regular jeans/pants - just unzipped. I did that for most of my pregnancy. At the end I was so fed up I pretty much wore my boyfriend's t-shirts, oversized t-shirts I found around the house (after raiding my siblings' and parents' closets in addition to my own).

That website you found is amazing.. I so wish I knew about it when I was pregnant!!

As a comment to a post above. The shirts at Spencer's are about 15 US dollars.

My friend who had her baby last year, basically lived in sweat pants and t-shirts. Otherwise, I'd say shop at discount type stores like Walmart, Target, Ross, etc. They have some pretty cute clothing there.

i like the kapris that look like they are a skirt sometimes because they are loose and you can breath in them and for shirts heck i wear almost any tanktop or shirt i have so dont worry to much just avoid the shirts that show your belly when you are like 9 months i was looked down upon so much for wearing shirts that were just a wee bit short and barrly showed my belly

I never actually needed maternity trousers i stayed the size i was so i just bought normal tshirts and tops in bigger sizes

I agree, the prices are ridiculous. I went to a store in the mall yesterday for a pair of jeans and they were like $50 US dollars! CRAZY...

There are plenty of boutique Child / Maternity resale shops around here for that kind of thing. Since I work in an office, I HAVE to have nice clothes for work, I will be forced into buying at least some basics like a black and a brown pair of pants. Then I can just wear some big stretchy shirts or mantype button up shirts. I will also HAVE to get a pair or two of jeans (my staple when not at work).

I bought bump bands and pulled them over the bits of the zips on my trosers that wouldnt zip up no more. That did me right up til 27weeks(birth!)

Just tailor your own style.... Just because your pregnant you don't HAVE to wear maternity clothes??? They are rediculously expensive and mostly unflattering for teens/young mums!! Just stick to maxi dresses, wrap-around skirts, scrunchy-top bandeau dresses, strappy bump skimming tops and stretchy tube mini-dresses and leggings =) Works for meeee! I pretty much wear everthing I wore before I got pregnant?? Lowe maternity gear!! I'd rather spend my money on baby things :) xX

I'm not in maternity clothes yet at 18 1/2 weeks, but did find a nice pair of maternity jeans in my size (and, miraculously, short enough to actually fit) at a thrift store for $5.

I posted the same thread a while ago lol.. & it's still driving me up the wall, i struggle to feel comfortable in any of my clothes and it's so annoying. Plus i've gotta go back to college soon! So i'm just buying big tops and jackets, but really nice fashionable ones so i actually feel as though i look slightly alright going out lol. I know what you mean about the prices of maternity clothes.. I'm not wasting my money on them.

xxx

I got a nice pair of mat pants at a thift store yesterday for 3 bucks:):):)

I'm not sure where your from but i've been looking on newlook.com even though i'm not even ten weeks yet :rofl:

I've just been buying long style t shirts, wearing tracksuit type bottoms in the house...bought 2 pairs of maternity jeans and i've got skirts that are elasticated anyway, so I just wear them under my bump...don't plan to buy anything else now, for the sake of how long you wear them, dont think its worth it?

x

I Didnt Get That Big So I Just Weared Jeans In Bigger Sizes

Ive just bought things in the next size up, i have some black trouseres and jeans that are maternity but dont think ill bother buying any more xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->