Maternity Clothing

rebeccamc

Reaction score
Alright so sorry this is a bit of a rant about my hatred of maternity clothing already. Btw I am like 11 weeks and my work pants are starting to get a little tight so I thought that I would go out and get a simple pair of black pants to wear at the office.

So anyways... I got a pair of pants but I am not thrilled with the material. it feels like stretchy legging material and the sales clerk at the store was like "yeah all of our pants are like that". I just want a pair of fucking pants that fell like normal pants but still have some room at the top of the growing baby. The material just doesn't feel professional, which really annoys me. But at the same time they were on sale for like 20$. I might be young but I still want to look professional at my job.

Anyone else have this issue? Maybe I am just being cranky and hormonal over nothing.

I know how you feel I'm a veterinary nurse and wear a specific uniform for which they have stopped making the maternity wear, the manufacturers idea was to keep getting bigger sizes so basically I'm going to look like a bag of S##t for my pregnancy! so iv had to settle for green scrubs instead which is such a shame as I was really looking forward to my maternity uniform (sad I know!)

I am dreading maternity clothes too.. I am starting to grow out of my clothes and feel like I am at that odd stage between regular and maternity. :(

Maybe try eBay.... Look for good name brand maternity clothing.. That may help get better quality for a decent price.

I love maternity clothes, can't wait to get into them this time. I'm apple
Shaped anyway so maternity clothes fit me better than normal clothes anyway! I have some lovely smart mat trousers, nice smart fabric with a crease down the front.
I think they're new look. Can you do mail order from the us?
Next are good too. I've got some great stuff off eBay this time too.

Maybe try a belly band with your normal work pants. They seem to get good reviews and I have a link where you can get two for free you just pay shipping and handling. I don't fit in my pants already because I'm so bloated! I've already ordered my two! https://thefrugalgirls.com/2014/05/free-belly-bands.html

I couldn't stand maternity pants either, so I bought regular low-rise pants that sat below the bump, and was able to wear them until the day I delivered. Maybe try that style if you can find any? :flower:

I just got my Bella Bands today from Ingrid and Isabella and they are incredibly comfortable. They look like you are wearing a camp under your shirt but their whole purpose is to hold up your unbuttoned/unzipped pants! I'm sticking to my work pants as long as possible with these things :) super comfy and well priced to keep from buying a whole new wardrobe.

If you know how to sew a little, you can turn your regular pants into maternity pants. If you don't want to convert your current pants, you may be able to find some professional looking pants at the thrift store and convert those for the price of maternity pants. I'm linking one tutorial, but there are a million ways, and I know that there are some people who will do it for you if you send them your pants. I'm pretty happy in maternity clothes, but I've considered converting some shorts because I'm having a hard time finding any I like.

https://sayyes.com/2013/06/diy-maternity-pants.html

I agree with MrsK, I think what I'm going to do is get some larger size pants from a thrift store and tighten the legs a bit with my sewing machine. Our office has a dress code too. We don't have to wear suits and high heels, but we have to look professional with no jeans or track pants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->