Maternity coat?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by Blah11, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Anyone seen any? My jacket is starting to get v. tight >.<

2. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

3. WelshGirl

WelshGirl Mummy at last!!

Mothercare do a couple hun.....try looking on websites for New Look & Dorothy perkins, cos their prices aren't too bad either.

xx

4. redberry3

redberry3 Love My Little Peek <3

i searched all weekend for one and no where has more than one and the price is so unjustifiable!!! :grr:

good luck! :hugs:

5. mrscookie

mrscookie Mama and expecting

i just got mine on sat, not maternity but the style goes out at the bottom so fits bumps nicely, and has room for expanding bump. Black from bhs :D
    xx

6. Hevz

Hevz 4 beautiful children

Try getting a "swing" style coat, you're young and trendy and will look good i one....I however will carry on squeezing into my dowdy Next coat:rofl:

7. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

i had the same problem none of my pre-pregnancy jackets would do up :(
    so i went to primark on the weekend and bought a jacket 2 sizes bigger than i normally would so that it would do up and last me the rest of the pregnancy, i didnt want to spend alot for something i wouldnt wear for long. the button comes just under the bust so it just goes over my bump :)

8. Neecee

Neecee Guest

I've seen quite a nice swing-style coat in Primark. It's £21 but it's got a purple check-type pattern on it and I really wanted a plain one. I'm going to try it at lunch time and see how I like it.

9. brownhairedmom

brownhairedmom Well-Known Member

I've been avoiding this issue and hoping I can hold out, but since we woke up this morning to a ton of snow I think I'm going to have to go check around :( I didn't want to with 6 weeks left. I agree though, the swing-style is the way to go.

10. Neecee

Neecee Guest

Just got one from Primark. Black swing coat, £21.00 - bargain!

(and it's a size 12 and still fits!!!!:happydance:)

11. lupi

lupi Well-Known Member

I got a Tesco value coat for £14 its black and padded, pretty warm and just got it in bigger size, couldnt justify anymore for just a few weeks

12. Becky

Becky Jacobs Mummy

Im doing ok in my normal coat for now!! cant do it up but have a huge scarf that covers the gap!!

x

13. Blah11

yeah, so annoying how the nice coats are usually £60+! I think I'll take your suggestions and get a swing style jacket :) thanks guys X

14. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

I know what you mean, I need something to wear but refuse to buy a maternity coat as so many are so expensive! I can get my long wool coat to fasten at the top so that'll have to do me! Only three more weeks of needing to look smartish for work and then I can wear anything that'll go round me without caring! lol

15. Blah11

I found a lovely non maternity coat in topshop today but wanted the oatmeal :( there was none in my size and theres none on the web either. I want to crrrrrrry.

16. Shifter

Shifter Guest

I want a really nice warm winter maternity coat. I don't like jackets or those swing-style ones (they make me feel like I'm wearing a tent). I haven't seen a single long coat that looks warm and with a price I can justify :cry:

This one looks nice: http://www.yummymummymaternity.co.uk/cream-maternity-knitted-coat-327-p.asp but is too expensive and I don't normally "do" cream coloured clothes.

I may just have to invest in a couple of good maternity cardigans and wrap up under my current winter coat without doing it up.

17. Blah11

I'm going to get this. It's £65 but sicne it's nonmaternity I can wear it next year too :) it's really lovely and accomidates bump well :) (guess im not very big though >.<)

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/s..._category_rn=42347&productId=784869&langId=-1

18. Shifter

Shifter Guest

19. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

I looked on Ebay shifter hun , I typed maternity coat , Then under New section .. Theres quiet a selection of nice winter type ones on there :) . xx .