Maternity Grant changes

Babynumber1

Mum of 1 & Pregnant
Reaction score
Hey all to those who have a child and was hoping for the maternity grant.They have made changes and only giving it to you once:cry:
check it out -

Maternity Grant ~ £500
https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...ort/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018854

Health in pregnancy ~£190
https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...ngupchildren/HealthinPregnancyGrant/DG_173502

Ive never claimed the maternity grant before....:wacko: I did get the 190 will Eli and with Bodhi....i wonder why they have changed it now...it does my head in...the cuts always seem to be for things like the aged or children...sometimes I dont get the goverment.:shrug:

is that the 500 sure start grant? is this in place of family tax credits which i dont understand either :) ?

I dont understand it either....we get Tax credits which is 20 pound a week...Why cant they just make it so its easy for everyone to understand.:wacko:

The hip grant stopped in Jan,u had to b 25wks in Jan to receive it.the ssmg is now like this,No matter if uve claimed before or not,if there's a child under 16 in the house u will not get the grant.when I first came over this got posted and women were phoning daily and getting the same answer,basically if it's ur first and ur on one of the listed benefits or if ur other child/children are over 16 u will get it.xx

oh well im not on benefits so wont get anything. always the way :sad1:

I find it very silly in the fact that if u have a child under 16 they expect u to still have all their baby things to use,I'm struggling to find room now let alone when baby is rapidly growing out of everything,I'd have to put it all in storage somewhere incase in the next 15 years I become pg again lol I'm hoping but that time I'll b very well off though and in my mansion sipping pimms by the pool....ooooo yeeeeaaaahhhh lol xxx

Its not instead of tax credits no. If you clamin income support or incapasity benefits and this is your first child you are entitled to the £500 maternity grant.xx

oh didnt know about the 190 ty hun, and i had 3 kids already so wont get the 500 either xxx

What annoys me is that you can only get the Mat grant if you're on Income related Employment and support allowance. I'm on contribution based, and not entitled to it, even though we are living right on the bread line, especially now I'm unable to work due to disabilities. I was never asked how much my husband earned, just how many hours he worked. and apparently because he works the standard 40 hours, he's earning a mint! grrrrr!!!!!

They've scrapped the Health in pregnancy one to all those who are 25 weeks after 1st Jan 2011 :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->